Best kick Scooter for 8 years old child?

richardson121

Hi, I am Louis Richardson I want to know something about kick scooter. Please suggest me which kick scooter is best for 8 years old child. My younger brother his age is 8 and I want to gift him a scooter for his 9th birthday I am confused to choose scooter for him. Please suggest which scooter is best for my brother?? 

Go electric. 

Manual kick scooters often leave a lot to be desired for what you are paying; more toy than real transport (none AFAIK offer my personal requisite of suspension, front+rear/foot brakes, and adjustable front handlebar, as I used to commute to work via manual kick scooter).

Super compact e-kick scooters are best for your considerations IMHO, as I wouldn't want to put your 8YO brother on anything faster than ~20mph or much heavier than ~22lbs,

Many consider the Fastwheel F0 as the current best in category, so that would be my choice.

You'll be hard pressed to find an e-kick scooter that offers it's performance (~17 mph, ~12-15 miles range), lightness (21.6 lbs), comfort/convenience (front suspension, trolley wheels, folding handles, etc.), and quality of build, for a better price point IMO ($500-$550 shipped to the US). 

AliExpress listings below. 

I'd go for the 7-inch tire, 210wh version, as for e-kick scooters, the bigger the tire, the better.

Fastwheel F0 via FEIER AliExpress store - $503.26 shipped to the US

Fastwheel F0 via Electric bicycle shop AliExpress store - $548.95 shipped to the US

Note: with US buyers purchasing pricier items on AliExpress, it's best to setup an AliExpress/AliPay account to pay with (requires ID check, link to a credit card), or else you'll get the purchase denied. 

Alternatively, many AliExpress sellers will let you pay with PayPal outside of AliExpress's site.

• 4 months later...

Archived