How are EUC seats really?

Guyren G Howe

I'm finally getting the hang of riding me One E+. But my feet burn something terrible. I suffer from plantar fasciitis even just standing about, so the EUC is pretty bad. I can only go a few hundred feet before I have to stop.

An EUC with a seat seems the obvious answer. Was wondering what folks' experience with them is like.

You might not need a seat if you can simply reduce the stress on your achilles/planter tendon.

And this is very easy to do, by checking to see if your heels lift when accelerating or cruising, see the below video:

This foot stance has the added bonus of reducing the burning feet sensation caused by pressure on the front of the feet.

Love my Monster partly for this reason: resting feet. Learning to ride seated is slightly different than standing though and takes some learning (key is all about upper body positioning and sliding/movement)

KS18 series also obviously achieves the same resting of feet by sitting, but the cushion is not as plush and as big as the Monster's for sliding.

9 hours ago, Guyren G Howe said:

I'm finally getting the hang of riding me One E+. But my feet burn something terrible. I suffer from plantar fasciitis even just standing about, so the EUC is pretty bad. I can only go a few hundred feet before I have to stop.

An EUC with a seat seems the obvious answer. Was wondering what folks' experience with them is like.

Congrats and welcome to the community! It's awesome :D except for the foot pain, isn't it? This happens to almost everyone when first starting to ride. You can try to shift your feet more forward as Simon explains in the video below. Just be careful not to put them too far forward. Take it slow and practice as often as you can, and the pain will ease off gradually. As for plantars, check out this thread.

Archived