Help with charge doctor V2

Acturbo

Good evening all,

I just received my charge doctor v2 in the mail yesterday.  The instructions were somewhat confusing so I did what I thought was correct.  Instead of changing the threshold where it was supposed to be changed I ended up going into calibration mode and changing the settings there.  So basically I held the button for more than 5 seconds while turning the unit on.  I changed the UP V and DOWN V to where I wanted it to cut off.  Should have changed this under threshold instead.  Basically all I need to know is what the settings are from the factory so I can revert it and get it working properly.  If someone has one and can check in the calibration mode and let me know what to change the UP V and DOWN V to it would be much appreciated.  I currently have a little more than a ten volt discrepancy between what the charge doctor says and what my intelligent fast charger reads.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Think you might have it confused there.

AFAICU, you select only 1 mode (DOWN A/UP V/DOWN V) and the value corresponds to that mode's cutoff; they don't work with each other across modes. 

DOWN A can be used for charging smaller batterie sizes, like ~340WH and smaller.

UP V can be used for charging all battery sizes and is more precise.

DOWN V is only a battery discharge test mode, never used for charging.

Don't think there's a factory reset, but just do the long press on > settings, then adjust to UP V mode (pretty sure you have all larger battery wheels there) and set somewhere under 84V or 67.7V, depending on the wheel operational voltage (value goes up, then back to the lowest value when hitting max; press and hold will move the values faster)

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Think you might have it confused there.

AFAICU, you select only 1 mode (DOWN A/UP V/DOWN V) and the value corresponds to that mode's cutoff; they don't work with each other across modes. 

DOWN A can be used for charging smaller batterie sizes, like ~340WH and smaller.

UP V can be used for charging all battery sizes and is more precise.

DOWN V is only a battery discharge test mode, never used for charging.

Don't think there's a factory reset, but just do the long press on > settings, then adjust to UP V mode (pretty sure you have all larger battery wheels there) and set somewhere under 84V or 67.7V, depending on the wheel operational voltage (value goes up, then back to the lowest value when hitting max; press and hold will move the values faster)

Thanks,

I did all that but there is a large discrepancy between the rapid charger and the charge doctor.  It's still telling me a 10V difference between the 2.  I assume this is not normal?  

Ah, if it's about re-calibration, here's hobbyist's section on that (never did myself; I guess you can set to his defaults or whatnot, but personally, I would be too lazy to do this and just find out what UP V value got my wheel to 80% & 90%): 

2) Calibration

Voltage and current are calibrated at +-10mV and +-1mA respectively before shipping. Avoid recalibration unless you have accurate instrumentation.

Top led displays actual parameter. With no button click, parameters changes every 2s in a round robin schedule for all available parameters. Any click keeps the actual parameter 6s before the round-robin restarts. To quit this calibration mode and revert back to normal mode, power-off then on Charge Doctor.

“down U” : decrease voltage gain
(about 10mV per click)
“UP U” : increase voltage gain
“down A” : decrease current gain
(about 1mA per click))
“UP A” : increase current gain
“00 A” : change current offset to calibrate 0.00A
ATTENTION : connect no charge (zero current) and hold button 2s to calibrate (short click is ignored to filter out manipulation error)

24 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Ah, if it's about re-calibration, here's hobbyist's section on that (never did myself; I guess you can set to his defaults or whatnot, but personally, I would be too lazy to do this and just find out what UP V value got my wheel to 80% & 90%): 

2) Calibration

Voltage and current are calibrated at +-10mV and +-1mA respectively before shipping. Avoid recalibration unless you have accurate instrumentation.

Top led displays actual parameter. With no button click, parameters changes every 2s in a round robin schedule for all available parameters. Any click keeps the actual parameter 6s before the round-robin restarts. To quit this calibration mode and revert back to normal mode, power-off then on Charge Doctor.

“down U” : decrease voltage gain
(about 10mV per click)
“UP U” : increase voltage gain
“down A” : decrease current gain
(about 1mA per click))
“UP A” : increase current gain
“00 A” : change current offset to calibrate 0.00A
ATTENTION : connect no charge (zero current) and hold button 2s to calibrate (short click is ignored to filter out manipulation error)

Yes I really don't have any instrumentation to figure the correct answer.  Maybe I'll just play with the settings until the charge doctor and rapid charger match.  The instructions really stink for the charge doctor, should be more clear or perhaps its just me.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Yes I really don't have any instrumentation to figure the correct answer.  Maybe I'll just play with the settings until the charge doctor and rapid charger match.  The instructions really stink for the charge doctor, should be more clear or perhaps its just me.

Thanks

look here for instructions:

http://hobby16.neowp.fr/category/charge-doctor-en/

Also: The "Producer" is a very, very helpful and friendly guy...just mail him if any questions ...he will help!

Archived