Hi ninebot fans

Wnafly

I received my brandy new ninebot e+ today. I guess I could be in four forums now. I have a mini pro, an inmotion v3 I got from Jason at ewheels and fri. I should be receiving my ks16s from Jason also. A question I have is my nb1e+ has a white with stitching on the side pads, I haven't seen that on the many YouTube videos I've watched. I'm not bragging or complaining, just wasn't expecting it. I plan on using this as my training wheel as many others recommend. I'm very excited to cruise along the river on bike paths with my daughter and 2 grandkids now that I have enough wheels for all of us. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and I'd send a pic. But haven't learned how yet.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:31 PM, Wnafly said:

I received my brandy new ninebot e+ today. I guess I could be in four forums now. I have a mini pro, an inmotion v3 I got from Jason at ewheels and fri. I should be receiving my ks16s from Jason also. A question I have is my nb1e+ has a white with stitching on the side pads, I haven't seen that on the many YouTube videos I've watched. I'm not bragging or complaining, just wasn't expecting it. I plan on using this as my training wheel as many others recommend. I'm very excited to cruise along the river on bike paths with my daughter and 2 grandkids now that I have enough wheels for all of us. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and I'd send a pic. But haven't learned how yet.

Have you ridden the Inmotion V3 and are about to learn single wheel on the ninebot?  If so you will probably have no problems riding the single wheel.  The ninebot looks well protected.

Steve 454, yes, I've ridden the inmotion v3 quite a bit roughly 75 miles. I'm hoping you're right about transferring those skills to the one wheel. I have a bit of time riding a regular unicycle, so that should help too. I may call it the mummy bot.

Thank you SuperSport, I know I've read some things online about things to do with new ones like: secure battery either with Velcro or extra foam to keep it from rattling around and file down little finger tabs that are sharp inside the cover. I have to do those yet. I slimed the tire before inflating it. I downloaded the 4.0 app, now the top speed limit says 6.2 mph. I'm thinking I'll have to ride it so far and then I can raise it.(not sure about that though). On the main screen I tapped limit off so maybe that will do it. Ill find out soon enough when I try it out. I really want to go riding right now but have to wait on fed ex to deliver the ks16s. Should be an exciting day and weekend. Not to sound selfish, I do worry about those in Fl. and the Caribbean. This helps distract me from that because I have friends and family there.

Went for my first ride today, it was great!! Didn't fall down once!!,,,,,,,course I did use a training aid. Here's a pic of my daughter using it while learning the inmotion V3. I got the idea from seeing videos of people using shopping carts, but they were bent over to much. The walker lets you be more natural and straight up and when you start to get a feel for the wheel you're just barely touching it. Helps alot while learning turns and getting on and off.

image.jpeg

On 06/09/2017 at 11:31 PM, Wnafly said:

I received my brandy new ninebot e+ today.

Sounds like you are doing really well, and that has to be the most padded wheel I've ever seen, neat training aid too ?

That really leaves just one piece of advice to give you - I would REALLY lay off the brandy whilst you are learning.

There has to be a cop out there just bursting to get a "drunk in charge of a Unicycle" bust ?.

6 hours ago, Wnafly said:

Went for my first ride today, it was great!! Didn't fall down once!!,,,,,,,course I did use a training aid. Here's a pic of my daughter using it while learning the inmotion V3. I got the idea from seeing videos of people using shopping carts, but they were bent over to much. The walker lets you be more natural and straight up and when you start to get a feel for the wheel you're just barely touching it. Helps alot while learning turns and getting on and off.

image.jpeg

That walker looks like the perfect height to hold on to.  Wish I had thought of that when I was learning.:thumbup:

Keith, haha, but I've read the a few drinks will take the edge of and ease the learning process plus the added benefit of not so painful falls. Steve 454, the walkers really lightweight and easy to handle, so as one improves you just need one or two fingers on each handle to push it. Once I can do my turns barely touching it I'll go without it. Right now I know I can ride without it, just working on my turns. Should have them down today (fingers crossed). I'll then move onto the kingsong16s and start teaching my daughter and grandkids (10 and 12) pad them up better than the wheel of course.

Progress update with the new ninebot one e+, I practiced fri. evening for about twenty minutes with the walker, again sat. morning and afternoon with the walker for about twenty minutes each. Went out sun morning without the walker for around 30 min. And sun afternoon and after 30 min. of riding I decided to take off all the padding except the bottom of the pedals with the thought of putting more pressure on myself not to crash, it must have worked because as of yet I haven't fallen or dropped it (fingers crossed). It will happen and I'm ok with that, I just didn't want to totally thrash it during the learning process. So if anyone is starting out I highly recommend using a walker until your using just one finger on each grip and only then try go freehanded. Worked for me anyway. So today I actually went to the riverfront to cruise the bike path and all was fine for awhile then suddenly out in front of me about 150 feet away is a guy kneeling next to the bike path and as I look closer I notice he is taking pictures of something in my direction. Well,I didn't want to mess up his shot so I sped up a bit and as I was almost up to him he got up and started running ahead and again knelt by the path and started taking pics again, then it dawned on me that he was taking pics. of me, so I slowed and waved as I passed and he asked me my name and where I lived. That's when I noticed he was wearing a lanyard with a bunch of id's on it. So I stopped and let him interview me. He asked what I was riding and wanted to get my name right and what city I was from, ( there's four cities bunched in this area called the quad cities). He was a reporter for one of the local papers and wanted a few more pics, I said sure and he ran ahead and setup for the shots. I yelled to him that I'm only a beginner so my getting on may take a few tries, but luck was with me and I got on the first try ( talk about pressure, I could just see myself in the paper falling on my butt). But fate was with me and all was good. So tomorrow I'll be in the paper. I'm just glad I had unpadded the ninebot and it was still in pristine condition.

Archived