Wiggly

lhwu

Hi,

It's my second day on an EUC, and I can ride my mcm4 gotway up and down a flat straight relatively easily. However, sometimes when I reach higher speeds my wheel starts to get all wiggly like a worm in between my lower legs and I'm wondering why this might be happening. When I brake it happens too sometimes.

14 hours ago, lhwu said:

Hi,

It's my second day on an EUC, and I can ride my mcm4 gotway up and down a flat straight relatively easily. However, sometimes when I reach higher speeds my wheel starts to get all wiggly like a worm in between my lower legs and I'm wondering why this might be happening. When I brake it happens too sometimes.

This is to be expected. Until your legs fully adjust and you are super relaxed while riding, it can be very easy for the oscillations to develop. You have to trust me when I say it'll go away. How long is highly variable between people. Maybe 10 yours? Maybe longer, maybe shorter.

And for what it's worth, it can even occur every once in awhile for experienced riders. If your body's balance happens to get off for some reason, the wobbles can develop. But's it's usually rare after you get your sea legs :)

Warning, don't continue riding when the wobblies develop - you can easily lose control and end up on the ground or worse. If they develop try and relax and gradually slow down.

Have patience.

Archived