Swapping Pedals

Rywokast

I have noticed that after putting around 200 km on my new KS16S that my very large feet get cramps while on a long ride, mainly my toes but both the front and back of my feet are always over the pedals. I don't want to mod them because it won't look as nice, but i'm wondering if I could just swap them with a larger pair for example the Msuper V3 ones? From the pictures they appear to be very similar where they attach but not too keen on spending close to 100 dollars only to find they can't fit.. Does anyone know if that would work, or does someone happen to have the KS16 and another unicycle with larger pedals that could measure?

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

I have noticed that after putting around 200 km on my new KS16S that my very large feet get cramps while on a long ride, mainly my toes but both the front and back of my feet are always over the pedals. I don't want to mod them because it won't look as nice, but i'm wondering if I could just swap them with a larger pair for example the Msuper V3 ones? From the pictures they appear to be very similar where they attach but not too keen on spending close to 100 dollars only to find they can't fit.. Does anyone know if that would work, or does someone happen to have the KS16 and another unicycle with larger pedals that could measure?

No, Gotway and KingSong are not compatible. If there's only one generally agreed upon Gotway lead over KingSong, it's their pedal comfort.

I suspect that your discomfort is more due to the the angle of the pedals than the size. I've heard of people grinding off medal from the pedal supports so that they rest flatter, but I have not tried that myself.

damn, hmm never thought of that.. that sucks because i really love the angled pedals they very rarely scrape over sharp turns, whereas on my ninebot i think ive shaven a few mm off the entire edge of both pedals haha

You may have to mod the pedals or try some different shoes.  I wish my pedals were much longer also, but so far am too lazy to buy a drill and riveter to put extensions.  Size 14<_<, might be one reason I don't usually ride more than 30-40 minutes at a time.

Archived