Ride 100km none stop

zlymex

I planned this trip long time ago after I rode 70km without break(except stopped briefly for red lights) nearly two years ago.

This time, I created a route with least traffic lights and start the trip early in the morning to avoid traffic. Yes, none stop means no step my foot off the pedals during the 100km trip. I didn't planned this at first, only because I was lucky that all the traffic lights come across were all green, and I was not very tired. This trial trip is necessary for me to ride longer trip both for physical and EUC endurance.

Vehicle: Gotway Msuper3s+
Internal battery: 1560Wh(1600Wh according to Gotway)
External battery 1: 780Wh(60 cells of LG INR18650MJ1, 3.5Ah each)
External battery 2: 260Wh(20 cells of Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA, same as internal ones)
Total battery capacity: 2600Wh
Protection: standard motorcycle suit

Trip start time: 05:54:01
Trip end time: 08:59:01
Total mileage: 100.08km
Total duration: 03:05:00
Motion duration: 03:05:00
Average speed: 32.46km/h
Total ascend: 801m
Xingzhe record: 26946089 ( http://www.imxingzhe.com/xing/27022635/ )
(scroll to magnify, click ‘卫星图像’ for Google satellite view, click ‘导出’ to download GPX file)

Xingzhe-100km.gif.b605c4256e099b1607edc31f09dc9ef2.gif

Speed and Altitude graph:
Speed-Altitude.thumb.gif.d6991a46eabd628d8c1b687c2101746f.gif

Wheelog record:
100kmAen.thumb.jpg.2289fa11c0c17ba04af80562747d9cc7.jpg

100kmBen.thumb.jpg.0d2f9ee5d39cbedcac42afb2c8217e24.jpg

Video clips: 
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjgzNTQ5NzUyOA==.html

Battery voltage after ride: 69.39V (3.47V per cell)
Battery remains: 27%
Battery consumed: 1942Wh
Battery efficiency: 19.4Wh/km
Average battery output power 630W
Average battery output current 8.5A

Charge after ride
Charger: 84V 10A and 84V 4.1A
Time to charge to 85%: 1h30m
Time to charge to 95%: 2h10m

Experience
--riding 100km none stop is possible but difficult
--better to take a break for each 30km ride for long trip
--fast ride or ride against the wind consume more battery per km
--carry fast charger is necessary for long trip of 100km or more.

14 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Wow that has to be some kind of record :blink:.  100 km non-stop?  Aren't your feet aching?

Welcome back by the way!  :thumbup:  We've encountered the exact same Gotway melted connector issue you posted about a long time ago.

Thanks, my feet did aching but I was changing positions often to ease it.

I'm reading that post of melted wires:)

Amazing trip, and quite fast. I expected 5+ hours but of course why go slow if you have the extra batteries with you and don't need to drive conservatively:clap3:

The first link (http://www.imxingzhe.com/xing/27022635/) goes to a login page, so we can't see what's behind it. Maybe it is set to private or something?

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

We've encountered the exact same Gotway melted connector issue you posted about a long time ago.

No no no. That has nothing to do with the connectors. People just like to confuse it as Gotway was known for the bad connectors (which they fixed completely). This is only on the wires themselves (which obviously failed before the connectors).

Yes yes yes.  Actually it was both melted black yummy caramel connectors and melted, shorted licorice shoe-string wires.  The connectors melted together, but they didn't short at that junction.  The photos in zlymex's post look awfully similar to Marty's I think.  Marty's shorted inside the motor wiring pig tail coming out of the axle.

So technically the cause of the short wasn't melted connectors?:P That's good enough for me. I just don't want people to confuse two separate issues, because every time someone mentions connectors when it wasn't connectors it confuses people (happened in my thread too, where it definitely wasn't connectors). Though now I know they can appear at the same time, so cables and (old) connectors are approximately the same weakness. My (old) connectors survived what my cables didn't, too. Oh, and also, melted cables happened before too!

sorry for ot:)

Okay okay okay.  :whistling:  Both you and Marty had melted, shorted wires which led to the ultimate demise of your wheels while climbing steep hills for extended time periods.  You both also had signs of melting (you) and melted fusion (Marty) of the black motor connectors.

In summary melting no good.  Traveling 100 km non-stop is pretty impressive.  It would be interesting to see and find out how Zlymex rides to counter leg fatigue.

50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

In summary melting no good.

I can agree to that:) though I have to insist on the fact that my motor connectors themselves were absolutely 100% fine and did show no sign of any heat damage whatsoever

52 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

In summary melting no good.  Traveling 100 km non-stop is pretty impressive.  It would be interesting to see and find out how Zlymex rides to counter leg fatigue.

Excellent segue back to topic. The "Why are you looking at me like that, did we ever talk about anything else?" strategy:clap3:

100km sounds hard first because you think of 5h riding, but if it's 3h, with a little bit of luck (aka you are in the right mood on the day and you can find a relaxed stance on the pedals) it's over in no time. You won't even want to change stance if you get the right one (changing foot positions is apparently what OP did, second best option). Impressive anyways.

I wonder if it's the first 100km nonstop ride reported here?

Also, we need more comfortable and ergonomic (or even orthopedic) pedals on EUCs in general, not these uncushioned metal plates bolted to the motor. They must massage your soles and fondle your lower legs;), not hurt. This ride proves the pedals are the weak point for longer riding.

I've always wondered whether small pieces of anti-fatigue matting attached to the pedals might help.  You know, they are those dark, slightly spongey yet firm mats that people who stand in one spot for lengthy period of times use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0092N4H64

718azw82eEL._SL1362_.jpg

Regarding your connectors, I thought the one connecting the blue wires seemed a little on the shiny side possibly indicating that it was starting to melt.  Maybe it was just the flash/photo as the surface texture looked smoother than the matte of the other connectors.

5.jpg

Archived