I know Ninebot are all about safety, but I think punishing the rider by restricting their speed to 15kph, just because they like to ride at max speed, is going too far. 

Like it or not, I think the design intent of the MiniPro was to put wheels on your feet.  I have spent some time trying to establish on google what an average running speed is, and I've discovered that there is no clear answer - too many factors involved - but 10mph is what most moderately fit people could manage for an hour.  So whether you want to walk, jog or run at a typical human speed, the MiniPro can make it effortless (and kinda fun).  But if you want to significantly improve on normal human speeds, the MiniPro is not going to be (and is not intended to be) the right tool for the task.

When considering real world journeys in urban or semi-urban environments, time for the whole journey would probably not be much affected by (say) an increase in max speed to 15mph.  Too many obstacles, too many people getting in the way, poor surfaces, etc. 

My point is that the device has a max speed of 17.5kph but if it detects that you're having too much fun it lowers that to 15 as a punishment. I haven't encountered the speed restriction but others say they have.  That is a step too far, in my opinion. I want a vehicle with a consistent and predictable top speed, not a babysitter. 

1 hour ago, RooMiniPro said:

My point is that the device has a max speed of 17.5kph but if it detects that you're having too much fun it lowers that to 15 as a punishment. I haven't encountered the speed restriction but others say they have.  That is a step too far, in my opinion. I want a vehicle with a consistent and predictable top speed, not a babysitter. 

In China no one has the right to have fun without the authorization of the Party !  :crying:

Archived