Exploratory Mountain Ride above Duarte - 11Mar2017

Marty Backe

Great video, beautiful sunny day, very impressive hill climbing, loved the views from the high elevations.  4 hours and over 30 miles, wow.  You guys got quite a workout.  It was fun watching you pass those bikes.  I would agree that the ACM is a super capable wheel.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's what you guys all missed ;)

Sorry I missed it, but man, I'm glad I didn't have to carry my Monster!  You're quite dexterous to handle the camera while dismounting and pushing the ACM over a cavern!

I found some nice trails today that start right near the end of the bike path in Redondo.  They wind through the hills up into Palos Verdes.  Possible lunch ride?

I was up in Palos Verdes late last fall (for lunch with my wife) and was thinking that there was some nice potential for riding. I didn't know that there were trails (but why wouldn't there be?).

This Wednesday looks good for me. I'll have to drive and park someplace closer so my lunch doesn't take 3 hours :)  Maybe we can meet at Hermosa Pier ~1:00

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This Wednesday looks good for me. I'll have to drive and park someplace closer so my lunch doesn't take 3 hours :)  Maybe we can meet at Hermosa Pier ~1:00

Yeah, depends what mix of beach bike path vs. trail riding you want.  There's parking right at the trail head too.  I didn't get to finish all of my exploring before my Monster pedal came off, so not sure how much else there is to see.  Hopefully my new ACM will be here by Wednesday, or at least the KingSong 16S.

Archived