Battery issue when around 85% left

Pagsy

So I bought a inMotion V8 on aliexpress for a gift to someone. I got delivered mid december 2016.
It seems the unit was planned for the european market as I got the EU charger ( input = 200/240v) + a cheap adaptor for the US plug.
Half of the manual is in Spanish :)

Anyway, after charging it, when I ride, the unit stops when the battery gets around 85% (like it runs out of battery) . I thought it was because of the charger so I decide to use a real US charger (100-240v) for V8 (another one that I bought in september) and charged it full.
But again when I went out riding, it did stop again although the battery was 90%.

Each time it stopped it was in the same way as when the battery runs out of power ... 

So now I start to think that it is a general problem with the battery more that with the charger ... 
I just need confirmation ... what do you think ?
Has it already happen to someone ?
How did you fix it?

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Pagsy said:

How did you fix it?

If you have two V8's simply swap the batteries (assuming they both have the same 2+5+2 or 2+7 wiring) to see if the problem is with the battery, wiring or CB. Or simply unplug the battery, leave it off for about 30 - 60 minutes and then firmly re-plug (mainly the 5 or 7 pin multi-lead plug).

Archived