Cruising speed 1600Wh Msuper 84V

nomad

I'd like to know the max speed without alarm for the 84V model? I can say for the old 820Wh v3 it was 35 km/h guaranteed (as the last alarm was reported at 36-38 km/h). And the alarm speed was the same from fully charged down to 20-25% battery. But maybe now there's also a new 820Wh v3 67V with higher speed too?

(For the V5F+ the top cruising speed is 22 km/h, as tiltback activates at 23 km/h. Full cruising speed kept over the whole range, possibly reducing speed under 10% battery.)

That's the TLDR (with my answer for the V5F+ above) but read on for more details if you want, sorry for long post...

So do we have some solid numbers reported for the max 'cruising speed' of this beast? I must have missed this detail somehow! Not the top speed claimed to have been ridden near cutoff limit.. I mean at what speed does the last alarm activate for the 84V Msuper? How fast can you ride practically before getting any warning beeps?

For the old 67V 820Wh I've seen 36-38 km/h reported. I forgot who has the 1640Wh v3 now.. I read something about a higher speed last alarm as long as the battery was over 80%. But at lower battery charge the alarm started earlier, about the same speed as the 820Wh (at 36-38 km/h) at least on that 67V 1640Wh model if I remember the post right...

Lift test on my v3 820Wh was about 40 km/h fully charged, riding test in the app was at 37 km/h exactly for me. I was about 70kg and the tire was at 45 psi. There was no wind when I tested it and the app matched the GPS accurately. Video is on youtube if you want to see search for "msuper speed alarm test" it should show up with my 820Wh v3. As the app does not know how much the tire is squeezed it does not account for tire pressure or rider weight as the wheel can only measure rpm (spinning speed).. So others might get slightly different results, but +/- 1 or 2 km/h is close enough of course, I'm just asking for some real numbers here.

The fact that the alarm is a couple of km/h lower when riding, compared to my lift test, I guess it could be a power alarm after all.. Mostly affected by air drag then I guess being the overwhelming factor, as I've also read the same alarm speed reported by 65kg or 100kg rider.. I just don't know the alarm speed of the 84V during riding. And I don't know when the alarm activates during a lift test either for that matter. (I think on the V5F+ it's the same for a lift test or riding, it's really a speed tiltback on that wheel, not power related.)

On my v3 820Wh the last alarm stayed the same at 37 km/h all the way from fully charged down to about 20 or 25% battery left when riding. Can't say exactly as the Gotway app battery gauge only displayed in 10% steps. The Inmotion app displays single percent levels and it goes down linearly. On the V5F+ I think you can ride all the way down to 10% battery before the tiltback speed is lowered at all. Don't know the exact level when it starts reducing speed because I make sure to always have more than 20% left. But I've ended up around 15% a few times and I did not notice any reduced speed those times. I know it reduces speed close to empty as I once rode it all the way down to 0%. Battery indicator on the wheel only had one bar left and it was blinking red, tiltback started at lower and lower speed. I could go on riding slowly for quite some time but finally it did a slow tilt to 45° back making me stop and told me the battery was empty.

So, how does the last alarm behave on the 84V 1600Wh Msuper 3 and how much of the range can be used before the speed is reduced? Also I noticed the battery level did not seem to be linear at all, but maybe I used the wrong app. So the percentage shown by the app did not reflect remaining range but instead maybe the raw measured remaining voltage.. Anyway it seemed to me that something like half the range was consumed already while displaying about 80% battery... I'm also not sure of the name either as you might notice, is it Msuper v3s+?

4 hours ago, nomad said:

Lift test on my v3 820Wh was about 40 km/h fully charged

That's interesting. My 820 MS3 lift test gives me 53 kph before cut-out every time. That's quite a big difference from 40 - so what's different I wonder ? :blink1:

7 hours ago, Cerbera said:

That's interesting. My 820 MS3 lift test gives me 53 kph before cut-out every time. That's quite a big difference from 40 - so what's different I wonder ? :blink1:

Yes my wheel also had 52-53 km/h cutoff in a lift test! But a lift test can also be used to test speed alarms without riding it. When I lift tested my Msuper the last alarm activated at 40 km/h.

6 hours ago, myfunwheel said:

My 84v Msuper v3s+ allows me to hit 45kph with no 3rd alarm yet, 

I weigh 200lbs

Do you mean the alarm is at 46 km/h, or do you mean that you've hit 45 km/h speed at most but you never so far heard the alarm yet?

2 hours ago, nomad said:

Do you mean the alarm is at 46 km/h, or do you mean that you've hit 45 km/h speed at most but you never so far heard the alarm yet?

good review for last 67volt version with lift test AND weighted "treadmill" test:

its 53 free....and 46 -with weight- on the treadmill....last alarm at 36-38...

i heard the 84volt is about 10kmh plus in real life, last alarm starting at 46kmh

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

good review for last 67volt version with lift test AND weighted "treadmill" test:

its 53 free....and 46 -with weight- on the treadmill....last alarm at 36-38...

i heard the 84volt is about 10kmh plus in real life, last alarm starting at 46kmh

Someone wrote the 1640Wh alarm was at 43-44 km/h if I remember correctly, but only above 80% battery. (At lower charge it was about 36-38 km/h the same as the 820Wh I think)

If the alarm is now at 46 km/h then that's great, but if it lowers to 36-38 km/h below 80% battery, then I rather choose a smaller wheel such as KS16S or ACM 84V. 16" is good enough for me at 25-35 km/h anyway. I'll only consider to get an 18" again if it can really do 40-45 km/h this time (over the whole battery range at least down to 20-25% charge).

Archived