V8 - How to reset it?

Gil

I had an incident. I made something wrong, insisting on powering on the wheel while it was to much inclined (pitch). I don't know exactly what I did (long press while putting the wheel back upright? or power on while depressing the handle switch?) but the wheel became unresponsive. No way to turn it on. I tried to charge it with no result. I eventually disassembled the right side and disconnected the battery. Everything came back into order. I suppose that, since the reset button is absent from commercial versions of the V8, there must be an easier way to reset it without disconnecting the battery.

Moreover, a trick is provided by a French reseller saying that you can put the wheel in "plane mode" by pressing a few seconds the reset button. This procedure locks the wheel. He says also that the only way to reactivate the EUC is to charge the battery. OK but... how to do it without a reset button?

In fact, I suppose that the 'plane mode' still exists and that I triggered it without knowing how to cancel it. Some information from Inmotion would be appreciated.

Edited by Gil
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I've never heard of this reset button.  What is a commercial version?   Have you seen a v8 with a reset button? Maybe you have this button but don't know it.

Glad you got it fixed at no cost.  It's a bummer when ones toys break.

On the prototypes of V8 there was first another Charge Adapter (like USB) and also a Little hole above the Charge port, where you can set in a pencil/needle to reset the wheel....

Seams on the sale Version this Reset Button is gone...

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Seams on the sale Version this Reset Button is gone...

Ah, I see.  Maybe the button is still there just the hole is gone, possibly for water ingress prevention.  If one can confirm the button is still there(presumably on the control board) one could drill ones own hole for access.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

On the prototypes of V8 there was first another Charge Adapter (like USB) and also a Little hole above the Charge port, where you can set in a pencil/needle to reset the wheel....

Are you sure?? Yes - the old charging DC port was used on the pre-production V8 models but I've not seen any reset button there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HEC said:

Are you sure?? Yes - the old charging DC port was used on the pre-production V8 models but I've not seen any reset button there.

As far as i know...but not real sure.....it was no real "button"...it was a tiny, tiny small hole, where you can set in a needle or a pencil to reset???

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

As far as i know...but not real sure.....it was no real "button"...it was a tiny, tiny small hole, where you can set in a needle or a pencil to reset???

I know how it is on V5 but I never saw the  reset button on V8- on any model.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, HEC said:

I know how it is on V5 but I never saw the  reset button on V8- on any model.

Then probably you are right and they just used the same rubber protection with the "reset" word on it...or got rid of it in the develepment process....

• 2 years later...

Thanks to Gil for the post. This fixed my InMotion Glide 3.

Like you, Gil, I don't know what happened to mine, but I think it was a combination of being powered on, and laid on its side, and getting confused. The LED lights were glowing on permanently, and the EUC was unresponsive. No button press, charging, or anything could make a change.

I disconnected the battery, and reconnected, and was back to normal.

To remove the battery connector, I used a You Tube Video for help. Search for the video titled:

"How to Remove the Inmotion V8 Cover for Changing the Battery" by user "WheelingAround".

• Like 2

I had a hard time finding the solution to our problem using Google, so I'm posting this response JUST for SEO, so that the right keywords can be indexed to help future searchers.

If you find this from Google, scroll up this thread to see a fix for a hung Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3.

Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3 not responsive.

how to hard reset a Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3

how to reset Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3

Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3 frozen

Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3 lights won't turn off

Solowheel V8 / Inmotion Glide 3 won't turn on or off

broken, stuck, dead, broken, button doesn't work, button broken

• Like 2