Had another Big "off" today

Smoother

So, other than flooding the board with messages today I've been for an afternoon ride.  I haven't charged my ks14c 800w 340wh since 3 rides ago, so it was showing 8 (4 of 5 really) bars.  Rode for a while, nothing special.  Later, with 6 bars showing, I slowed to look at something.  Then I heard a skateboard behind me and remembered the kids I had just passed.  Not wanting to be near kids on wheels (very unpredictable) I accelerated away hard.  Next thing I know I get a violent tilt back, so violent, it literally threw me off backwards and shot off down the path about 10 feet ahead. I went down on my butt and wrists hard.  ATGATT in place so no damage, or so I thought.  I believe I asked for more surge amps than the batteries could deliver, because I wasn't going that fast.  Soon after I turned on the app and it showed 32%, and dipped down into the 20s and turned red, when ever I pushed it a bit.  Wheeled on another half hour or so and came home.  It was when I was removing my left wrist guard that I realised I had an injury. Where my wrist bone lines up with my little finger it is sore.  I can move it in all directions so I think I just bruised the joint.  It kinda matched my, still sore, ankle from 2 weeks back.

so a warning about power level indicators and huge power demands.  6 bars could be as low as 40%. And with only 340wh to draw on a huge power surge literally  knocked me on my butt.  Don't let this happen to you.

i might have to change my Avitar AGAIN, to something like this:

image.jpg

35 minutes ago, Smoother said:

So, other than flooding the board with messages today I've been for an afternoon ride.  I haven't charged my ks14c 800w 340wh since 3 rides ago, so it was showing 8 (4 of 5 really) bars.  Rode for a while, nothing special.  Later, with 6 bars showing, I slowed to look at something.  Then I heard a skateboard behind me and remembered the kids I had just passed.  Not wanting to be near kids on wheels (very unpredictable) I accelerated away hard.  Next thing I know I get a violent tilt back, so violent, it literally threw me off backwards and shot off down the path about 10 feet ahead. I went down on my butt and wrists hard.  ATGATT in place so no damage, or so I thought.  I believe I asked for more surge amps than the batteries could deliver, because I wasn't going that fast.  Soon after I turned on the app and it showed 32%, and dipped down into the 20s and turned red, when ever I pushed it a bit.  Wheeled on another half hour or so and came home.  It was when I was removing my left wrist guard that I realised I had an injury. Where my wrist bone lines up with my little finger it is sore.  I can move it in all directions so I think I just bruised the joint.  It kinda matched my, still sore, ankle from 2 weeks back.

so a warning about power level indicators and huge power demands.  6 bars could be as low as 40%. And with only 340wh to draw on a huge power surge literally  knocked me on my butt.  Don't let this happen to you.

image.jpg

No don't change your avatar , it matches the color of your bruised joint  :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Sorry for this event.... But have you subscribe to the ATGATT theory, as i do

Maybe one day manufacturers will put better safety measures in place for situations like these

Please take care of yourself

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

Sorry for this event.... But have you subscribe to the ATGATT theory, as i do

Maybe one day manufacturers will put better safety measures in place for situations like these

Please take care of yourself

Yes POP. it's in my OP , line 7, word 3 .

why POP you ask. Pimp for posts, of course ? That's a picture of my bruised wrist btw. I think you're up to your full bribe of 10 reps now. So paid in full, and so worth it.

12 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yes POP. it's in my OP , line 7, word 3 .

why POP you ask. Pimp for posts, of course ? That's a picture of my bruised wrist btw. I think you're up to your full bribe of 10 reps now. So paid in full, and so worth it.

STILL not as great as YOUR avatar

.... thanks for the 10 reps... LOL. i think i've given you the same today :P

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Not wanting to be near kids on wheels (very unpredictable) I accelerated away hard.

I try hard to make all of my accelerations as gentle as possible. Once in a while, in a safety situation (for me this usually involves an unexpected car) I spontaneously accelerate harder than I normally would. I have been very thankful that in every case so far, my IPS wheels have delivered the extra surge of power without incident!

Archived