How to raise battery capacity for my NINEBOT MINI

2 hours ago, amelanso said:

gx12-4 is the solder points are very small and only about 1mm separation between them.

you're right, that's why I link pins 2 by 2 in order to use all 4 pins from this plug, it's easier to solder like that and better for electric and mecanic resistance.

• Like 1

I get it. Thank you @smallexis

And just digging more into this, would it be possible to replace all the cells for bigger capacity one? Like Samsung 36G 3600mAh 10A. That would make the battery pack 7200mah. 

Or even better, increase the number of cells in parallel to 3p or 4p and have a taller 3D print the bottom cover of the battery enclosure. 

I just bought a new Segway minipro from eBay with dead battery. It is arriving tomorrow. According to the seller It has never been turned on. I am going try to Jumpstart it but in case that it doesn't work I would rather replace the batteries instead of buying another Segway battery. 

You think it would work? 

On 10/1/2020 at 8:07 AM, Avefenix said:

And just digging more into this, would it be possible to replace all the cells for bigger capacity one? Like Samsung 36G 3600mAh 10A. That would make the battery pack 7200mah. 

Yes it's possible and interesting if you have a dead battery.

On 10/1/2020 at 8:07 AM, Avefenix said:

Or even better, increase the number of cells in parallel to 3p or 4p and have a taller 3D print the bottom cover of the battery enclosure.

an other possibility but their is a risk to hit the bottom of printed case and I don't know how to bring that solution safer.

I just received the new never-used Segway minipro with dead battery I purchased in ebay. My plan was to replace all the LG cells for the Samsung 36G with 3600 mah in case that the battery pack was unsaveable, but for my good fortune...I was able to jump start it after charging directly through the banana plugs. So, I am back to my original plan and build an external battery pack same as yours with 15 Vextel 26650 20A 5300 mah.

I will share some pics later. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, Avefenix said:

I just received the new never-used Segway minipro with dead battery I purchased in ebay. My plan was to replace all the LG cells for the Samsung 36G with 3600 mah in case that the battery pack was unsaveable, but for my good fortune...I was able to jump start it after charging directly through the banana plugs. So, I am back to my original plan and build an external battery pack same as yours with 15 Vextel 26650 20A 5300 mah.

I will share some pics later. 

I have two dead MiniPro batteries.

How do you jump start it?

On 10/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, Rocky Romero said:

I have two dead MiniPro batteries. How do you jump start it?