IPS self balancing unicycle

王月月

Dear Friends

This is yueyue from IPS manufacture, we find there are so many people creat website to sell our products, so i have to correct, if you want IPS products, you can visit our official website, www.iamips.com, and our Amazon official store is https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?merchant=A1RO1TBXM3SGUD&fallThrough=1, our official facebook is IPS self balancing electric unicycle, thank you very much, if you have any questions please contact me freely, i will give you official reply, thank you very much.

by the way, my email is yueyue.wang@iamips.com, you can find it is iamips.com, please note it.

Hi Yueyue, thank you! I have an IPS Zero 340wh that I am very pleased with. 

Question, do you have any new wheels under development? Other manufacturers have 680wh models that I and other riders prefer, as well as 16-inch and 18-inch models. Can you please provide any information on future developments in your company?

Hello, sir

Glad to know that you are pleased with IPS wheels. 

Yes, of course, our new wheels are on the way to meet the world, as the exact time has not be fixed, but it will not be longer time.

We have 680wh model, 16 inch, same like IPS121, I can show the picture in the below, you can check it, while we just have this type with 680wh.

Thanks for your questions, if there is others please contact me freely, i will give answer as soon as possible.

2.jpg

12 hours ago, who_the said:

Hi Yueyue, thank you! I have an IPS Zero 340wh that I am very pleased with. 

Question, do you have any new wheels under development? Other manufacturers have 680wh models that I and other riders prefer, as well as 16-inch and 18-inch models. Can you please provide any information on future developments in your company?

You'll find my review of the 16" 680Wh model here on the forum (compared it to my older Lhotz).

On 9/26/2016 at 7:38 PM, 王月月 said:

Dear Friends

This is yueyue from IPS manufacture, we find there are so many people creat website to sell our products, so i have to correct, if you want IPS products, you can visit our official website, www.iamips.com, and our Amazon official store is https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?merchant=A1RO1TBXM3SGUD&fallThrough=1, our official facebook is IPS self balancing electric unicycle, thank you very much, if you have any questions please contact me freely, i will give you official reply, thank you very much.

by the way, my email is yueyue.wang@iamips.com, you can find it is iamips.com, please note it.

Hi Yueyue,

I find the IPS unicycle well desing and are the ones that have the best torque available on the market. However for off road they lack power with heavy riders.

I weight 110kg and the most it can handle on hills is aproximetely 12 degrees, I tried a 15 degree hill starting at the hill and it instantly failed to go up, also when riding in the city I failed to see a 5cm bump and it resulted in a faceplant due to lack of power, it will not ride over a 5cm object, many speed bumps are over 5 cm.

I own many unicycles  the IPS that I have is the IPS121 also called T350+.

Something that i really like about IPS is that the control board it is aluminum enclosed.

My question does IPS have plans to release sometime this year or next year a heavy duty unicycle with this specs: 2000w or better nominal power (rated power, not peak power), with a wheel 16" or better 18", and width of 2.5".??? The reason i need a 2000w unicycle is not for extra speed it is for extra torque and power for my safety.

If there are no plans to release such a unicycle would it be possible to buy the best control boards that you have available with the wiring harness so that I could build my own unicycle?

And if yes, what would be the price of the control board in the aluminum enclosure with the wiring harness.?

As far as I know there is only one company that sells control boards but they are rated at only 500w too low for my needs.

The marketing specs are highly missleading the advertized climbing slope is 30 degrees, and it fails at 15, also the 1000w rating maybe a little inflated since my ninebot e+ it is rated at 500w and the IPS it is definetly more powerfull but not twice the power.

I will wait for your replies, thanks.

38 minutes ago, checho said:

Hi Yueyue,

I find the IPS unicycle well desing and are the ones that have the best torque available on the market. However for off road they lack power with heavy riders.

I weight 110kg and the most it can handle on hills is aproximetely 12 degrees, I tried a 15 degree hill starting at the hill and it instantly failed to go up, also when riding in the city I failed to see a 5cm bump and it resulted in a faceplant due to lack of power, it will not ride over a 5cm object, many speed bumps are over 5 cm.

I own many unicycles  the IPS that I have is the IPS121 also called T350+.

Something that i really like about IPS is that the control board it is aluminum enclosed.

My question does IPS have plans to release sometime this year or next year a heavy duty unicycle with this specs: 2000w or better nominal power (rated power, not peak power), with a wheel 16" or better 18", and width of 2.5".??? The reason i need a 2000w unicycle is not for extra speed it is for extra torque and power for my safety.

If there are no plans to release such a unicycle would it be possible to buy the best control boards that you have available with the wiring harness so that I could build my own unicycle?

And if yes, what would be the price of the control board in the aluminum enclosure with the .?

As far as I know there is only one company that sells control boards but they are rated at only 500w too low for my needs.

The marketing specs are highly missleading the advertized climbing slope is 30 degrees, and it fails at 15, also the 1000w rating maybe a little inflated since my ninebot e+ it is rated at 500w and the IPS it is definetly more powerfull but not twice the power.

I will wait for your replies, thanks.

Hello, sir

Glad to receive your questions, i find you are familiar with IPS, as you know the max load of all our products is 120kg, and this is our a defect,  we are trying to solve this defect. Definitely, we will release a new products, and about the details i can not talk too much here. Well we just sell the wheels, if there is a problem with the wheel we can change the control board but we don't sell it only now, while your suggestions i will submit to our leaders. while the climbing slope is according to the wheel and the buyer, and the test may be just according to the tester. thank you very much. 

15 minutes ago, 王月月 said:

Hello, sir

Glad to receive your questions, i find you are familiar with IPS, as you know the max load of all our products is 120kg, and this is our a defect,  we are trying to solve this defect. Definitely, we will release a new products, and about the details i can not talk too much here. Well we just sell the wheels, if there is a problem with the wheel we can change the control board but we don't sell it only now, while your suggestions i will submit to our leaders. while the climbing slope is according to the wheel and the buyer, and the test may be just according to the tester. thank you very much. 

Climbing slope it is not up to the tester. It is up to the laws of physics. If max rider weight is 120kg according specs, i will assure you that the wheel will not go up a 30 degree slope independent of the tester, starting from the slope it will fail at slopes even less than 15 degrees. It is just not possible, it does not have the needed power. Not picking on IPS but all wheels advertizing a 30 degree slope are missleading since at the max weigh of 120kg they do not come even close, what is more missleading is that all of the unicycles advertize the same climbing angle of 30 degrees independent of the power of the wheel and independent of of rider weight since the max rider weight is always 120kg. I understand it is marketing but lets not exagerate and have the specs closer to the laws of physics and further away from exagerated marketing, the specs should use realistic numbers.

Regardless the skill of the rider the laws of physics can not be challenged, a 120kg rider will not go up a 15 deegre slope much less the 30 degree slope starting at the slope, and not using the common trick of gaining a lot of momentum from flat and use the momentum to climb a very steep slope but very short since the momentum will not help for a long slope. 

21 hours ago, checho said:

Climbing slope it is not up to the tester. It is up to the laws of physics. If max rider weight is 120kg according specs, i will assure you that the wheel will not go up a 30 degree slope independent of the tester, starting from the slope it will fail at slopes even less than 15 degrees. It is just not possible, it does not have the needed power. Not picking on IPS but all wheels advertizing a 30 degree slope are missleading since at the max weigh of 120kg they do not come even close, what is more missleading is that all of the unicycles advertize the same climbing angle of 30 degrees independent of the power of the wheel and independent of of rider weight since the max rider weight is always 120kg. I understand it is marketing but lets not exagerate and have the specs closer to the laws of physics and further away from exagerated marketing, the specs should use realistic numbers.

Regardless the skill of the rider the laws of physics can not be challenged, a 120kg rider will not go up a 15 deegre slope much less the 30 degree slope starting at the slope, and not using the common trick of gaining a lot of momentum from flat and use the momentum to climb a very steep slope but very short since the momentum will not help for a long slope. 

The problem is that there's no standardisation of the test, from standstill, from a certain running speed, type op slope, speed on the slope, etc

F.ex. 100kg load, temp min 20 °C, no wind, steady speed of 5Km/h from flat, maintain a steady speed of 5Km/h on a constant slope (not gain extra speed on a lower degree first part of the slope where only the last coupel of meters are the max angle), minimum duration that this speed can be maintained (f.ex. 10 minutes, 1sec at max 30 degree is of no use in real life and doesn't tell you if the board can dissipate the heat).

All this can be done computer controlled on a sloped tredmill.

Archived