Inmotion V5F Sensor Button / Not Working

theNight

Hello

I've recently fell off from the wheel as the engine overpowered whilst hitting the maximum speed limit and unfortunately the wheel has been exposed to the water. 

It doesn't start neither by pushing the button or trying to recharge. Any chance this could be fixed? If yes, then how?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, theNight said:

I've recently fell off from the wheel as the engine overpowered whilst hitting the maximum speed limit and unfortunately the wheel has been exposed to the water. 

I hope you are all right from the fall, did you land on your feet?  By overpowered do you mean going maximum speed and the wheel could not keep balancing, if so did the motor stop working or did you just fall forward?  Also how was the wheel exposed to the water, did it go completely under water like it went in to a river or just get wet riding in the rain?

Maybe you could send it in for warranty repair, but it sounds like you have not used the wheel according to instructions so you may have to pay for repairs.  You may have to buy a new wheel and use the old one for parts.  You could check the battery with a multimeter, if it is still good you would have a spare battery, or have it checked out by an electric bicycle shop and if still good you could sell it and get some of your money back that way.

When you hit the maximum speed were you leaning too far forward and accelerating quickly?  That would surely overpower the wheel.  Did you get tiltback or overspeed warning?  

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

I hope you are all right from the fall, did you land on your feet?  By overpowered do you mean going maximum speed and the wheel could not keep balancing, if so did the motor stop working or did you just fall forward?  Also how was the wheel exposed to the water, did it go completely under water like it went in to a river or just get wet riding in the rain?

Maybe you could send it in for warranty repair, but it sounds like you have not used the wheel according to instructions so you may have to pay for repairs.  You may have to buy a new wheel and use the old one for parts.  You could check the battery with a multimeter, if it is still good you would have a spare battery, or have it checked out by an electric bicycle shop and if still good you could sell it and get some of your money back that way.

When you hit the maximum speed were you leaning too far forward and accelerating quickly?  That would surely overpower the wheel.  Did you get tiltback or overspeed warning?  

Thanks, I'm okay. Just a couple of scratches, no serious wounds.

I did an extreme testing with a crazy tilt-back and yes I was leaning too far forward. I believe I reached 35km/h when the motor switched off and unfortunately there was a creek nearby and the wheel landed right into it. Like it was fully exposed to the water.

So there is no chance of getting it restored in a home conditions? Or any conditions?

@theNight, the first thing you should ALWAYS do in that situation, with any piece of electrical equipment, is disconnect the battery, which on the V5F is easier than many wheels. The water allows current to flow to places it shouldn't and it can also corrode components. Nine times out of 10 if the device fell in reasonably clean water (I.e. without much dissolved salts) it will work again once it has completely dried out.

It is still worth doing that as it may still recover when completely dry. It will also allow you to test whether the battery and its BMS (battery management system) are OK, in which case, if it is, you may only need a new control board if it still doesn't work once fully dry. 

1 hour ago, Keith said:

@theNight, the first thing you should ALWAYS do in that situation, with any piece of electrical equipment, is disconnect the battery, which on the V5F is easier than many wheels. The water allows current to flow to places it shouldn't and it can also corrode components. Nine times out of 10 if the device fell in reasonably clean water (I.e. without much dissolved salts) it will work again once it has completely dried out.

It is still worth doing that as it may still recover when completely dry. It will also allow you to test whether the battery and its BMS (battery management system) are OK, in which case, if it is, you may only need a new control board if it still doesn't work once fully dry. 

@Keith i just remembered a Speedyfeet video where his son was riding through a large puddle and hit a bump under water and fell off the wheel.  The wheel was under water for about thirty seconds before he pulled it out.  Ian said "it's wrecked", cut to a little later and his son was riding it again.  Also saw a similar video with Toby on an airwheel where his father replied when asked if the wheel still worked said he had to buy a new one. 

Archived