ACM V2 - tire to big?

The new ACM V2 (red rubber pedals) looks like to have contact with the inner shell (after pushing the tire pressure form factory 1 bar to 3 bar it got worth) at some point and going strong about this point. The tire is not in the middle between the shell. Anyone experienced this also? The free spin is blocked when the motor starts at the wrong point. Made a short (30 m) run arround my house and it's balancing and looks acting normal. As the tire doesn't run without vibrations (the ACM shakes a little in my hand at free spins) I'll try to set the tire more properly on to the rim.

I had fun to order the ACM to use it at a second wheel for me and as a first choice for my wife. Sitting here and think about how to tell my wife that my beloved Gotway ACM has some issues I do not accept and she definitely not.

The tire scratching: I reset the tire today. No real difference. It's to tight to the housing. Same Issue as with the first MCM4 batch? I don't know what I think about this, I don't share my thoughts right now. After a closer inspection it turned out be a radial out of turn. It's not at the valve. So I need to ride it to hopefully get it in shape with my weight.

Blue rubber for the pedal/ ankle: Than I realized that on one side the blue rubber is missing and the other must be glued in at least at 1-2 per mille alcohol. I should spent some effort and go to friend having a car upholstery company. A plastic piece with real leather above.

Pedal assembly clearance: But the most shocking quality issue is the way the assembly happened or maybe in the design process something went wrong: The pedal on one site is scratching on the side cover and makes grooves. At least 3 mm difference between both sides while moving. The issue is a missing step while manufacturing the pedal. No 45 degree elimination of the sharp edge. Should have been seen in quality inspection in the factory. I'll do it byself with a file/ rasp.

How to tell my wife that she should move from her KS16 (which has not that issues, but others) to the ACM to try if she has less problems with her feets on that EUC and it doesn't shut down while hopping on? Women are looking extremly for design/ haptic.

Should I give it a try:
He honey no problem the scratching noise of the tire will go by after one or two battery charges..
Honey, the missing rubber, well... that's asymetric design. It's not a quality issue.
The other rubber doesn't align perfect? Don't press it to hard with your ankles while driving that you move the rubber?!

The best thing is: Something went wrong. I sort that out for you. I've had a closer look and fix it. But is it my job to fix it?

do you have the old pedals with rubber inserts?

or the new ones, that only have grip tape and are a lot bigger?

first time i heard about a scratching wheel on ACM....Gotway quality control :-)

hope when my new msuper comes, ihave a bit more luck!

Pedal scratching:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1raP1cqBpH3a2Z2TVREX0VqYWs

The edge of the pedal without 45 degree:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1raP1cqBpH3NEdSMHpwbTgyUHc

The correct manufactured pedal (without touching the case):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1raP1cqBpH3UXZRbGF2T1d0X2s

The scratching can be eliminated by doing the 45 degree job to the pedal

Noise of the tire (very quiet without load):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1raP1cqBpH3eHpBX0g2QUR0OEk

not free spinning wheel:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1raP1cqBpH3WjNpRWtSSWZmT00

I need to done a ride with the ACM to see if it become back in shape or loose some profile height to get some play between tire and case.

Ok, old pedals...i thought they only deliver the new one now....

the scratching of the tyre? wow, the rubber must be really out of form! i hope it is nothing else, like a "formed" shell...

hopefully no bigger stones get sucked between tyre and shell!

what does your distributor say, orhave you ordered directly from GW?

14 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok, old pedals...i thought they only deliver the new one now....

the scratching of the tyre? wow, the rubber must be really out of form! i hope it is nothing else, like a "formed" shell...

hopefully no bigger stones get sucked between tyre and shell!

what does your distributor say, orhave you ordered directly from GW?

No problem with the distri. He's a professional guy. I bought 4 EUCs from him. I don't like to buy from China directly. It's better to have someone between dealing with the manufacturer up front. I'll do some further investigation and give feedback. If there's a failure there will be no problem with replacement. I'm interested what's wrong. I god the new pedals offered. It looks like I should replace them anyway.

As the rim looks to be in shape I don't see a big issue with the tire. If you turn the wheel you can see the tire coming up and down. It's currently more like an egg than a circle. 

Hi again, OliverH,

well, today I got me ACM as well. I checked for the things you have described and could not find anything like that on my wheel: no touching of the case by pedals, no not-spinning wheel. My padals are grey on the top, the top material resembling this skateboard tape. So, it seems that Gotway is constantly changing things, hopefully in the right direction.

ACM 16 first impression

Today I got me ACM 16 and made my first short, very slow ride (some 5 km). Here is my first impresion.

I find the overall desing very conservative, this comparing to my Dolphin (further refered as D) wheel which is pretty. Obviously, there is no kickstand like on my D :( 

Pedals seem to be the new ones, i.e. bigger and with that skateboard grip tape on the top. Comparing to my D, this makes it impossible to move feet once you are on the wheel. I find it a bit uncomfortable as I was used to adjust my feet during the ride, especialy after stepping on the wheel without holding to wall. Hopefully, I will get used to it.

Ride seems to be very smooth, much smoother than on D. The feeling is the wheel rides with complete ease. The wheel is however much stiffer than my D - I will need to ride with my knees bent more than on D to compensate for the bumps. BUT, there is this awful high pitched sound! And it magnifies (reverberates) when riding close to walls or in tunnels.:o Never had that on my D.

The application from keybe.com pairs ok but that is about all. The same goes for the app available on this forum. Perhaps, I am doing something wrong but I was only able to switch lights on and off. The other settings, well, I simply do not know if they work as the phone does not show the current status of the wheel: it sends the setting to the wheel, it even shows that the setting was succesful, but it does not show current status. Again, my D has simple but working app. So, I am a bit confused/dissapointed.

All in all, I need more time to find out if I can get used to the wheel. Hopefully, I can :unsure:

57 minutes ago, JoyRide said:

ACM 16 first impression

Today I got me ACM 16 and made my first short, very slow ride (some 5 km). Here is my first impresion.

I find the overall desing very conservative, this comparing to my Dolphin (further refered as D) wheel which is pretty. Obviously, there is no kickstand like on my D :( 

Pedals seem to be the new ones, i.e. bigger and with that skateboard grip tape on the top. Comparing to my D, this makes it impossible to move feet once you are on the wheel. I find it a bit uncomfortable as I was used to adjust my feet during the ride, especialy after stepping on the wheel without holding to wall. Hopefully, I will get used to it.

Ride seems to be very smooth, much smoother than on D. The feeling is the wheel rides with complete ease. The wheel is however much stiffer than my D - I will need to ride with my knees bent more than on D to compensate for the bumps. BUT, there is this awful high pitched sound! And it magnifies (reverberates) when riding close to walls or in tunnels.:o Never had that on my D.

The application from keybe.com pairs ok but that is about all. The same goes for the app available on this forum. Perhaps, I am doing something wrong but I was only able to switch lights on and off. The other settings, well, I simply do not know if they work as the phone does not show the current status of the wheel: it sends the setting to the wheel, it even shows that the setting was succesful, but it does not show current status. Again, my D has simple but working app. So, I am a bit confused/dissapointed.

All in all, I need more time to find out if I can get used to the wheel. Hopefully, I can :unsure:

The app is bad, no way around that. It allows you to make changes, but as you note, it does not tell you the current setting. I do wish Gotway would spend a little more money to deliver a better app.

The wheel does make a whine sound, but it's never bothered me. Then again I don't ride near walls much. I like to think of it as the sound of Power ;-)

Hi Marty, thank you for your confirmation re app. Is there any description available on the riding modes, i.e. what exactly will change if I switch them? And how does the calibration work? I was afraid to try as I do not know what can go wrong. I am going to write about the app to Linnea. She owes me something ;)

Regarding that sound, well, hopefully I will get used to it. Yesterday, when I rode first time, I was afraid of dogs (there is plenty of them in Prague and I find them my worst enemy when riding), if they might get attracted by that sound, but somehow they did not :) Obviously, I have to ride some more to see if it was pure luck or if indeed the sound does not disturb them.

I have just asked Linnea about the app. Here is her reply:

"Yes, there is some poor setting of our APP, I will reflect the problem to APP enginner. Thanks!

BTW, if you don't know if you have changed the setting successfuly, you can hold the wheel leave the groud and lean it forward to test what's the tilt back speed you set."

Let us then wait if it gets any better soon.

Archived