Hello Friends

I hope this advice will help everybody here 

Well

The friend s daughter recently just had an accident with a Mini.
How to avoid this?

Here's what I recommend:

1 / First know the route in advance allows you to prepare for obstacles such as deformation of the roadway, sidewalks, traffic problems

2 / The child's weight is important, in fact, the Mini is based on the weight of the owner adjusts the driving function, you need to do is go into the settings and reset factory settings at each change of users, to "erase" the memory of the mini data about your weight and driving attitudes.

3 / With Ninebot application, limit the speed between 6 and 10 km / h for the first 20 minutes of ride, that the Mini stores attitude and weight of the child.

4 / helmet, elbow pads, knee: Remember protections ?

5 / Finally you always hold back the child to help anticipate obstacles by your advice

6/ after dont forget to restore Factory Settings for you ?

7 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello Friends

Well

How to avoid this?

Here's what I recommend:

1 / First know the route in advance allows you to prepare for obstacles such as deformation of the roadway, sidewalks, traffic problems

2 / The child's weight is important, in fact, the Mini is based on the weight of the owner adjusts the driving function, you need to do is go into the settings and reset factory settings at each change of users, to "erase" the memory of the mini data about your weight and driving attitudes.

3 / With Ninebot application, limit the speed between 6 and 10 km / h for the first 20 minutes of ride, that the Mini stores attitude and weight of the child.

5 / Finally you always hold back the child to help anticipate obstacles by your advice

My original advice can be seen here (available in spanish and french too) : http://mini-j.jimdo.com/home/news/mini-advices/  (Im not making money with my blog , there's only a google cookie inside)

Those are some good safety tips to remember.

My grandson who is 9 rides my minipro and I did not even think to adjust the speed, but did make him wear a helmet and pads and he is old enough to ride it good with no problems so I don't need to adjust the speed now.

54 minutes ago, TLyleJeep said:

Those are some good safety tips to remember.

My grandson who is 9 rides my minipro and I did not even think to adjust the speed, but did make him wear a helmet and pads and he is old enough to ride it good with no problems so I don't need to adjust the speed now.

but this friend is a euc rider and his daughter have the same age (9 i think), they are good in riding too.

Maybe not the speed, for more safely try to restore factory setting before your son ride (and after for you), it's all i can suggest 

i forget 

7/ teach to your kids jump off backward from the mini during a ride hahahahah ;)

but i think few seconds feets dont touch pads ,,,, it's a issue from ninebot mini look some people speak runaway: your mini is runnning away and you aren't riding on, you are far far away and your mini escape to horizon,,,, mini dont really feel the weight

its a dangerous issue

i think

I have not heard of a run away issue with the mini or the minipro. He knows to get off from the back and not the front.

He rides a 4 wheeler (ATV) that goes about 35 mph (56 kph) and has fallen many times so I am not very worried. But if he does fall on the minipro it will be on hard asphalt which is a little bit harder than dirt but he is wearing a helmet and full pads on the 4 wheeler and on the minipro.

5 minutes ago, TLyleJeep said:

I have not heard of a run away issue with the mini or the minipro. 

Here a topic about runaway issue

5 minutes ago, TLyleJeep said:

He rides a 4 wheeler (ATV) that goes about 35 mph (56 kph) and has fallen many times so I am not very worried. But if he  fall on the minipro it will be on hard asphalt which is a little bit harder than dirt but he is wearing a helmet and full pads on the 4 wheeler and on the minipro.

Well your son is à warrior King of wheels ???

18 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Here a topic about runaway issue

Well your son is à warrior King of wheels ???

Thanks for the link about the runaway issue. I did not know it would keep going if you have to get off quick.

Yes, we are all crazy about speed! I raced dirt bikes growing up and did not stop until I was 43 and that was 10 years ago. I had many broken bones!

My son and daughter raced dirt bikes with no broken bones and now my grandson is riding his 4 wheeler like a crazy person and can't wait to get his first dirt bike this year and start racing in a few more years.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2016 at 6:04 AM, jojo33 said:

Hello Friends

Well

How to avoid this?

Here's what I recommend:

My original advice can be seen here (available in spanish and french too) : http://mini-j.jimdo.com/home/news/mini-advices/  (Im not making money with my blog , there's only a google cookie inside)

At a recent junior tech fair that I attended, young teens asked about riding my MiniPro.  I kept saying no until finally I said yes.  

I’m amazed how easily, both male and female, can get on the MiniPro and ride.  Instantly.

It was a small hallway indoors and I felt safe and yet alert to any possibilities, especially falls.  All was well.

Not sure if I would do that again, however, it’s gratifying to see the excitement and joy and wonder that they expressed.

it's hard to say no to children
the children of my neighborhood come to ask me to try my mini
I begin by explaining to them the power of the Mini
The best way people understand its power is to make them touch the pads with two fingers, front, back
a simple finger pressure gives them the idea of the strength of the motors
after they climb on
For a little tour on a few meters, on flat, it goes
but over a long distance it is necessary to reset the factory settings because the weight of a child is not detected
the position of the feet is very important
children's feet are smaller
they must be well centered on the pads

Archived