E+ controller in a C+

Bay Surfer

If I understand it correctly, it would work, but you will need to use the correct Serial Number when you activate the board.  On the E+ and Original P, the only difference on the board was the Serial Number used to Activate it.  The Serial is used to Activate and set the parameters for the wheel.

That's my take at least.

With that said, I'm not sure if you could get NineBot to release an activation code for that setup, unless, like you say it's the exact board.  IF the board is different, I doubt they'd do it.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2016 at 7:32 AM, Bay Surfer said:

Recently toasted my C+ controller by accidentally putting it in a swamp.  

Okayyy

On 8/10/2016 at 10:49 AM, SuperSport said:

f I understand it correctly, it would work, but you will need to use the correct Serial Number when you activate the board.  On the E+ and Original P, the only difference on the board was the Serial Number used to Activate it.  The Serial is used to Activate and set the parameters for the wheel.

So, hmnn, if you can get the serial number from a P, you can transform your E+ to a P, interesting:ph34r:  Anybody have a wrecked P model serial number for sale? I offer 5 bucks on delivery and 5 bucks after if it works.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎08‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 1:30 AM, steve454 said:

Okayyy

So, hmnn, if you can get the serial number from a P, you can transform your E+ to a P, interesting:ph34r:  Anybody have a wrecked P model serial number for sale? I offer 5 bucks on delivery and 5 bucks after if it works.

It works and it is possible to reprogram the existing controller board to be an P with a serial number. But is it safe? Not sure about that....

12 hours ago, Vik's said:

It works and it is possible to reprogram the existing controller board to be an P with a serial number. But is it safe? Not sure about that....

That reminds me, in the ninebot one E+ app there is the option to change the serial number, I always thought it was there in case the board had to be replaced due to malfunction.  

9 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That reminds me, in the ninebot one E+ app there is the option to change the serial number, I always thought it was there in case the board had to be replaced due to malfunction.  

That is why it's there.  But, if you enter a "P" serial number, the board thinks it's a "P".  The E+ and P use the exact same board.

56 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

The E+ and P use the exact same board

Is the motor the same, if so the P programming should work on the E+ just fine.  But the top speed would go up and it would be in Gotway territory with a weaker motor.  And way weaker battery.:o

53 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

if you enter a "P" serial number, the board thinks it's a "P".  The E+ and P use the exact same board.

Who knows what the next generation of the P would have been?  Probably some serial numbers out there with even more performance':ph34r:  Bwaa haa haa!  Like putting a chip in a car for more performance?

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Is the motor the same, if so the P programming should work on the E+ just fine.  But the top speed would go up and it would be in Gotway territory with a weaker motor.  And way weaker battery.:o

I believe the motor was THE difference in the P. 

6 hours ago, steve454 said:

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I believe the motor was THE difference in the P. 

Ditto.

P motors are rated 800 watt and got slightly bigger battery 340wh

9 hours ago, Vik's said:

P motors are rated 800 watt and got slightly bigger battery 340wh

That's true, I forgot about the battery when I posted that.  The 320Wh would still work safely (although shorter distance), but the motor differences would be the dangerous part.

Archived