back into it...need one for 15mile range

1kw

Had a cheap 3mph generic that would shut off, and a rockwheel gt14. Both low level garbage EUC. Rockwheel would cut off at full speed and I ended up selling it. Has the laws changed since the 2 wheeled variants caught alot of publicity in the USA? I want to ride it to work, mostly on the sidewalk. I need a powerful unit that can do quicker than running speeds with no shutoff.

Cheers

Both ks16 and acm will be outside of your budget. If you increase your budget  a little, since you are not heavy, maybe you wanna wait for the new inmotion v8? The battery should be enough to give you the range you need. This may be the least costly solution for you. Also ks16 with 680wh might be within reach if you wait a bit and save some money

Other than that, if you want to stay within budget, you can get a 340wh wheel and may be able to do 15 miles but your range will be borderline. Its better to have 540wh or 680wh which kinda goes outside if your $$.  If you decide to pick among smaller battery options, ninebot 1e+ is one of the options, but then you will have many others to pick from, especially in the Inmotion realm.

if you choose to go with a smaller 14" wheel, you may be able to get a kingsong with 540wh or 680wh close to your budget. But then you cant go on rough terrain.

if you dont care about high speed, another option for you may be IPS f400 ( but battery 400w borderline your range), or maybe you can find ips151 or 152 but i dont know how good these wheels are.

I think ks16 might be slightly more than 1000 for. 680wh option. @Jason McNeil seells them in his online store at ewheels.com .  There may be other distributors too. I have had a fantastic experinece with Jason. Didnt really deal with the other guys so cant say anyhting about that

You may want to consider a 14 inch wheel. Most good 14 have enough torque for most terrain. Unless you are doing some thing extreme then a 14 should be adequate. It would open up your choices as there are some very capable wheels in that price range at that size.(Gotway mcm4,Ks 14c,b,). sub $1000

Archived