Wheelmetrics working on?

Hi,

I searched the forums and could not find any topic explaining if wheelmetrics was working with the wheel so decided to start it, please complete it if you can! thanks!

Ninebot one E+: Wheelmetrics Not working, no connection

MCM4 HS 340: Wheelmetrics not working, doesn't find the wheel when trying to connect via bluetooth.

Thanks for sharing! 

Wheelemetrics only works with older Gotways & King Songs (those that don't work with iPhones, ie. using Bluetooth 2 and share the similar protocol). Basically as far as I know, it should also work with the Microworks -boards, but @electric_vehicle_lover tested it and it doesn't, don't know why (I'd need a raw binary bluetooth-data capture from the board to see what's up).

Currently there's no plan to modify it to support other wheels (on my part, but it's open source, so anyone's welcome to contribute). I already reverse-engineered the Gotway/KS -protocol from raw binary data captures (ie. without any wheel, I don't have either), but it's a lot harder with the BT4.0 (Low Energy) -stuff. Maybe one day, if I get a wheel that has BT 4.0, but likely not before next summer.

9 minutes ago, esaj said:

Currently there's no plan to modify it to support other wheels (on my part, but it's open source, so anyone's welcome to contribute). I already reverse-engineered the Gotway/KS -protocol from raw binary data captures (ie. without any wheel, I don't have either), but it's a lot harder with the BT4.0 (Low Energy) -stuff. Maybe one day, if I get a wheel that has BT 4.0, but likely not before next summer.

@Chrisjones Please note that @JumpMaster made a "fork" of @esaj's app which works with KS-16 amongst other wheels (without need of pebble or other watch):

Thanks for reply @esaj and too bad but i understand you already brought a lot to the wheelers community, so thanks a lot for that! Unfortunately i don't have the competences but it seems very interesting to collect all the info and show them to users in real time! I hope someone else will take it from there to continue or that Gotway will inspire itself from it to improve the app they are currently rolling out which is really lacking info...

Archived