IPS I130 Battery Pack

Hello does anyone own a IPS I130? If so can you tell me what voltage battery pack it has? I was thinking of buying one of these EU's. and also this battery if comparable

http://www.banggood.com/132W-Electric-Unicycle-Battery-18650-22PM-lithium-Ion-Battery-60V-p-977887.html

Then running the internal battery in parallel with the linked one to get more range.

IPS have a safety feature which stops them from turning on whilst they are connected to the charger. This also stops them from turning on whilst a booster battery pack is attached to the charge port.

There is a work around in that if you turn on before you plug in the booster pack it all works fine but it does complicate the restart procedure if you drop, over tilt the wheel or turn it off for any reason as you have to unplug, restart and then plug back in.

You would also be better getting a battery with an aluminium case to protect it in the event of an accident, they are available but most come with the standard 3 pin charging port connector and IPS use a 4 pin connector. Any damage to an exposed battery can cause thermal runaway and fire.

to clarify:

​Also, cellphone batteries (like the one catching fire in the video) are fairly small in comparison to wheel batteries (in terms of capacity, ie. the energy stored within it). Even the larger cell phone batteries are something like 7.2V * 3300mAh = 23.76Wh, or if the voltage is 3.6V, half of that. And 3300mAh is a large battery for cellphone, usually they're smaller, I'd guess around 10Wh or less? So imagine a battery with at least 10-20 times or more the energy exploding or catching fire, as the chain reactions moves through all the cells... ;)

That being said, I believe exploding or self-igniting cells are a very rare occurrence, even in moving vehicles where they get all sorts of shocks, and the cells are fairly well protected by themselves + usually inside either the shells of the wheel or their own separate package (not just shrinkwrap), if they're external. As you can see from the video, even hitting the battery with a knife takes a few tries before the battery shorts and ignites.

As I said in the original post I would be running the battery in parallel so charging port is not a issue. I need to know the voltage of the internal pack to match it.

​Also I am planning on building a protective case made out of metal. (Also igniting cells are very rare to non existent as long as they are not punctured)

As I said in the original post I would be running the battery in parallel so charging port is not a issue. I need to know the voltage of the internal pack to match it.

​Also I am planning on building a protective case made out of metal.

Sorry, looks like we got a bit sidetracked as to the original issue... ;)   I don't know the exact voltage of the pack for IPS, but I'm pretty sure @Jason McNeil can answer that. For most typical 18650-cells/wheels, the pack nominal voltage seems to be around 60V (59.2V for 3.7V cell, 16 cells in series) and 67V max (at 4.2V max per cell), but don't know if this holds for IPS.

Edit: Just remembered that when I tonight had a small chat with Jason, he mentioned that IPS's have the BMS (Battery Management System) -circuitry INTEGRATED in the main board, not in the battery pack, which might affect installing a second battery in parallel! Don't know enough about electronics to tell whether it can be done or not...

On a side note I had both IPS A130, and IPS I130 in my banggood cart. I was thinking I would just dive in and buy the I130 and see for myself. But I accidentally deleted it and instead ordered the A130. They said I can return it but I have to ship it back(ugh). Anyone have experience with the A130? Is it worth keeping or should I ship it back for the more powerful model.

Archived