Which is the Official Site to buy Ninebot PTRE+ from?

OK so I have been doing alot of reading. I purchased a Ninebot Mini pro by Segway (yes Amazon Prime day) I used to use an I2 for work in a warehouse and have logged alot of miles on it. I do enjoy the Mini Pro except a few things. 

1. Knee bar is still odd to me. I actually liked my handlebar. (yes I know there is a handlebar addon out there keep reading)

2. Foot platform is very small to me. I do have foot issues (Plantar Fasciitis) and riding for much more than a mile really starts to hurt no matter how I stand.

So I have 98% made up my mind to get a Ninebot PTR E+ in Black. Gives me back the handlebar and a bigger foot platform. So I am confused which of the two dealers is the one I should be buying from?

https://ninebot-store.com/us/ninebot-ptr/us-ninebot-ptr-e-plus-black/

or

https://9bot-store.com/collections/ninebot-ptr/products/ninebot-ptr-e-black-red

Obviously $51.00 difference is not a big deal. I just want to make sure I get the proper segway device with proper warranties.

Thanks all in advance.

Also the mini pro will not go to waste. It will probably get a handlebar upgrade and be handed over to my tiny wife whoes feet will fit it and doesn't exceed the payload (I weigh about 230)

OK so after not seeing any replies I continued to do some digging. I found out both the aforementioned links are the same company. When Segway came into the picture they were required to create a separate US site for Ninebot by Segway. so the proper site to use in the US is  https://9bot-store.com/collections/ninebot-ptr/products/ninebot-ptr-e-black-red

the other site will not let you complete an order in the US as it is their European Holdings. So there we have it. The nice gentleman I spoke with on the phone apologized for the confusion and said they are working to clear it up.

I think you'd have better luck on a different part of the forum. Nobody on the smaller-device forum here is going to be talking about a device that's 3-4x the cost of the miniPRO, is 52lbs vs 28lbs. Very different products. This is the "short" forum. 

46 minutes ago, DarthOctane said:

Yup you guys are correct. My bad. I just read segway and my brain also went to the PTR. Anyways my info is now good and anyone who might be looking for it can find it :-)

Ah I understand theres à place for segway topics but seems its for hoverboard 

Moving to the Segway-subforum...

Ahem, I must admit that I don't personally give a rats' ass about devices with more than one wheel (hopefully that doesn't offend anyone, the two-wheeled sections were originally only created because we kept having posts about hoverboards and two-wheeled equivalents, the forum was originally only for one-wheeled devices, ie. electric unicycles), so I usually just skim through this "side" of the forum very quickly and miss things ;)

• 1 year later...

NewEgg.com has been selling the Ninebot Elite+ PTR for less money than the official site. (just under $2,000)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12W-002A-00012

Product is still sold from the same authorized dealer.  Listing says: Sold and Shipped by Ninebot U.S. Inc.

I had the same problems with the small foot petals, and also problems with the MiniPro failing to negotiate bumps if the speed wasn't just right. (Ouch!!).

The Elite Plus is much more stable and hasn't shaken when it gets really windy where I live.  I am still able to put it in my trunk for travel.  

The MiniPro is like a light sports car while the Elite is more like a limo. 

Took it on a Segway tour with other family members renting the full I2 Segways that weigh and cost twice as much.

Had no problem keeping up or with handling even on a bumpy dirt park trail.  If I would have tried that with the MiniPro, it wouldn't have finished the tour.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 11:56 AM, FLORIDIAN said:

NewEgg.com has been selling the Ninebot Elite+ PTR for less money than the official site. (just under $2,000)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12W-002A-00012

Product is still sold from the same authorized dealer.  Listing says: Sold and Shipped by Ninebot U.S. Inc.

--- clipped ----

Currently it's $2,500.  I've been thinking about some of the recent clones with much better batteries as the 12mi range of the Elite+ PTR is just not enough for me.  The clones are usually done with larger and wider tires that I don't really need, but battery capacity is one of my top priorities.

Update:  Reconsidering, the clones are Segway clones and use Brushed motors and a transmission, are significantly heavier and can be harder to replace batteries.  Seems they are not making, or selling in the US, the knee controller option for the PTR series right now.  The Ninebot-C which had the Knee controller stock is not available either.  Man it's hard to get a good two wheel device.  I still hate the speed limit of the PTR series, but in practice it should be better than the miniPro by a few kilometers/h.  Anyone have the knee controller on an PTR Elite +?

Archived