KS-16 First time charging.

Toma

Well it's time to do my first charge for my Kingsong, it came with the fast charger but not sure what setting to have it on?

I have a 840wh battery and don't know which one to set it on, don't want to do any damage so will wait for feedback.

whats the difference between the 64.8v and the 67.2v.

wimage.jpeg

Either option is fine. The 64.8v setting is for maximum battery lifespan, charges the battery pack to 80%, should extended battery pack by up to 5x longer than constant charging to 67.2v. If you do use the extended 64.8v, we recommend topping up the pack every two weeks to the 67.2v.

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

we recommend topping up the pack every two weeks to the 67.2v.

I actually can not charge it up to 67.2V. Regularly charge it with two 2A chargers - no more than 65.5V.

With the 5A one, set on 67.2 - no more than 66V.

Or maybe the android application is not precise?

2 hours ago, Toma said:

I have a charge doctor so will have this connected will this be ok? 

It sounds like the charger has a built-in ability to stop short of a 67.2v full charge so you don't need the Charge Doctor for that. You could disable the Charge Doctor feature that does a lower charge but still use it for monitoring current and voltage or logging the data.

10 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

It sounds like the charger has a built-in ability to stop short of a 67.2v full charge so you don't need the Charge Doctor for that. You could disable the Charge Doctor feature that does a lower charge but still use it for monitoring current and voltage or logging the data.

Did a charge before I read this using the Charge doctor

The CD stopped at ...64.7v / 239.2

before I charged the app was showing 43% after charging the app is showing 75% battery level.

not sure if this is ok?

2 hours ago, DS said:

I actually can not charge it up to 67.2V. Regularly charge it with two 2A chargers - no more than 65.5V.

With the 5A one, set on 67.2 - no more than 66V.

I think this has to do with the cutoff mAh rating of the charger, anything >0 will lead to some voltage potential difference between the charger and the battery pack.

Archived