Anti-puncture bands

Rotator

I have been using anti-puncture bands for my bicycle for a long time, sucesfully.

But only high quality bands. If not are high quality (the plastic ones) they break the inner tube due to the friction.

Do you think that we can use this bands in our unicycles?

They increase the mass of the wheel in the outside which can cause less acceleration. I do not know if this is significant or not.

But I really need a solution. I have fixed four punctures in my ninebot one is less than a year...

You could also use fix a flat for cars that comes in a pressurised can.  Let most of the air out and use part of a small can to air up the tire and any future punctures will be sealed before the tire goes flat.  Will  not work on cuts though, and neither will slime.  But for thorns or other small punctures you probably will never know you ran over them.  The best thing about fix a flat is you can carry it in your backpack and it could get you home if you get a flat without having to replace the tube in the field, plus it airs the tire up.  Slime is more of a preventative, you may need to carry a pump to get the pressure high enough if the slime doesn't seal quickly.

Yeah, they can not go flat. Great idea @HunkaHunkaBurningLove However everyone has different weight.  Do they make one for all weights or do you use:) the suspension settings to compensate?  Ninebot could compensate for that I am betting.

As i am not lawyer,  icannot give wrong ideas.

wrong emoji who did that?

I know all this anti puncture methods.  

I like bands because they prevent the punctures itself. The inner tube will not be affected. Other methods try to stop the air going out.

The only question I have is if this extra mass on the outer part of the wheel can affect the unicycle in any way...

By the way, all of this methods increase the mass of the wheel. 

Archived