Unreasonable values for speed limiter

Duc

Hi,

I have a Ninebot One C+ with firmware version 1.4.0 and use the Ninebot App for Android version 3.5.1.

In certain situations I might want to use the speed limiter function that can be activated via the Ninebot App. 
However, I find the speed values that I can choose from in the App quite unreasonable. In combination with my Ninebot One C+ can choose any value from 4 km/h to 10 km/h.
Apart from the fact that I can't even ride the Ninebot with the speed limit set at 4 or 5 km/h (perhaps other people can, but I can't), even the maximum of 10 km/h feels slow.
In my opinion speed limier values in the range of perhaps 10 to 18 km/h would be something I would find useful in some situations.

I am wondering what speed limit values can be chosen from on other Ninebot One models? 
Has the maker of the App perhaps assigned wrong values for the Ninebot One C+ ?

I do not understand why not to allow the user to select the speed he wants.

It will be useful to ask the user the limit speed, instead of select from a list of few predefined values. And it might be under an advanced menu or so, if they want to keep the user interface clean and easy.

After all, if you can choose your own limit speed you can not complain about that.

This really bugs me about the Ninebot.  I would love to be able to set the speed limit at 10 mph when my kids are using it so they don't get carried away with the speed and overdo it.

Typical bad product marketing decision to allow only useless speeds to be set, I mean really, 4kph?  I see it so often that a ton of complicated engineering work goes into a product but then the functionality is crippled or the user interface is made harder to use because some marketing guy doesn't take the time to think it through.  Can you tell I am an engineer?

2 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I believe @SuperSport made a modified Android app  that set a higher value for the speed limit. The wheel accepted the value and retained it but it didn't work because it still tilted back at 10kph. ?

That's true.  It appears the Firmware won't use a value not already written in.

Archived