Integrated Kickstand Design Idea

After riding my NB1E+ for a few rides, I noticed that it can be tricky to prop it up on it's casing.   I've seen those external T attachments you can get which bolt on and allow it to stand with more stability.  I wonder though for a future case design whether they could make a small tunnel in the housing at the back end just where the tire goes underneath the casing to which one could attach an aluminum metal T which has the inner part curved to match the Ninebot One's external case while the outer surface is flat.  This could then be rotated 90 degrees by hand or foot to be deployed or retracted.  In the retracted position a ball detent could be used to secure it in place so it sits flush.  It would have to be long enough to allow some lateral stability.  The permanently attached stands are okay, but it's nice to have something that blends in and doesn't stick out all the time.  Even if it could be pulled out a few inches and then rotated that might be even better.

image.jpg

Taking it one step further - maybe have it removable with an extendable arm and have a spot on top of the bot that it can lock into so it could double as a trolley handle.  Or have two extendable arms on opposite diagonal locations like the KS16 and have them interlock once extended.  The handle tops would be shaped like 7's.

I think @SirGeraint touched upon a similar idea in this thread for the kickstand:

Your idea sounds good! I do better with prototypes where I can see and feel it even if it is just made out of cardboard. I purchased the kick stand over a month ago and it still has not arrived. They say it is on BO. I wanted to examine the concept and look for improvements as I was told it is not very sturdy.

BTW, I draw an awesome elephant ?

Archived