Update 1.3.5 -> 1.4.0 failure ?

Roue Libre

Hi Folks !

I just tried to upgrade my firmware from 1.3.5 to 1.4.0. It starts to upgrade until around 40-50% and then an error message appears, saying upgrade failed. I tried again several times and it always failed at some point. So I'm still running 1.3.5 at the moment.

Anyone facing such trouble ?

Yeah I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the device. It still fails. I'll wait the next version of Ninebot app, they update it frequently and I hope they solve this.

5 hours ago, Gil said:

In your case, I would not insist. 1.3.5 was a very good release and nobody can really tell what is better on 1.4.0.

Ninebot just updated their app today.  When I turned on the app to check status I got a message that an updated app version was available, so I installed it.  Does not seem any different than the previous app but I would assume it fixed some bug.

@dpong I have just experienced the same fall as you.  Riding at the park, did not see the dip, the Bot just stopped and I fell forward.  Going to my left I tucked in a little and as I was only going about 3-4 miles per hour had time to tuck in my left shoulder and roll.  Made one complete roll and ended up on hands and knees.  Got up and started riding again, no damage to me and no pain.  Even so I always wear wrist protectors and a helmet.

I had the same issue. After the 11th time trying, today, it went all the way. The first time it got to 7%. The more I tried it, it seemed to slowly work its way to full completion. Today I had success. 

In hindsight tho I wish I would have not upgraded. I'm having some performance issues now

You might have read posts by me elsewhere. But my P is now completely different beast to the point where I'm worried it's dangerous. 

It hesitates, powers off if I rock back and forth, vibrates when starting off and slowing down, I have no faith in a hard stop if required as I know this will result in a shutoff. 

Hey Douglas. I have the exact same issues. My NB is a diff animal now too. It performs completely diff since the upgrade to the point where I am not confident riding it anymore. It powers off on its own, hesitates at times and vibrates. I wish I never upgraded. And sometimes when I hit the power switch it will not power on.

@MikeSwan does it power off while riding?  They all power off in about 5 minutes if just sitting there like leaned against the wall.  Mine felt a little different but not bad at all.  Felt a little smoother.

15 hours ago, Douglas Ingram said:

You might have read posts by me elsewhere. But my P is now completely different beast to the point where I'm worried it's dangerous. 

It hesitates, powers off if I rock back and forth, vibrates when starting off and slowing down, I have no faith in a hard stop if required as I know this will result in a shutoff. 

@Douglas Ingram I think any euc will shutoff on a hard stop because it can overpower the wheel.  Also rocking back and forth heats up the board to the point of failure from what I have read, so it looks like Ninebot is addressing these issues with the update to prevent board failure.  Thanks for the feedback, this is good to know.

I watched Ian Sampson rock the life out of my P after my factory fitted board failed. 

Now if I rock the wheel even half of what it used to be able to do it try's and rock the life out of me by shutdown with no warning. I'm sure the new updated is an attempt to save lots of Ps being returned as faulty. 

Archived