my daughters testing out the vive for the first time

Job Simulator has a setting where you can make the game world scale to the size of a kid (your daughers). I noticed on your screen the game was set to adult scale.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:20 AM, edwin_rm said:

Job Simulator has a setting where you can make the game world scale to the size of a kid (your daughers). I noticed on your screen the game was set to adult scale.

Wow really?  They have been struggling to reach higher cabinets.  Where's the setting?

Yay!

I only played Job Simulator like once or twice thou. It's not my cup of tea. Of my Vive games, my current faves are "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, & Hand Granades" and also "Hover Junkers". They're just awesome!

4 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Yay!

I only played Job Simulator like once or twice thou. It's not my cup of tea. Of my Vive games, my current faves are "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, & Hand Granades" and also "Hover Junkers". They're just awesome!

I have H,H,&H too.  Kind of boring though as it's not really a game.  I play CS:GO for shooting action (not vr I know).  As for Hover Junkers, I didn't get it because I'm afraid my ping will be really high from Hong Kong since it's a multiplayer game and the servers are probably in the States.  I was really impressed by Vanishing Realms but it was too short.  My latest purchase was Final Approach and is quite impressive too.  I also play Audio Shield but wish the beat synchronization could be better.  "Longbow" within "The Lab" is one of my favorites but it ends after 8 waves which I have no problem completing (Holopoint isn't as fun).

Update: Wow I just found out Longbow got an update right after my last reply here.

Longbow Updates
  • Longbow now features infinite waves and a global leaderboard, visible on the rear tower 
    • The first 8 waves are the same. From wave 9 onward, enemies slowly become faster, more plentiful, and have an increased chance to wear armor 
    • There is a break every 8 waves 
    • Oil Cauldrons and Exploding Barrels are restored after each break 
    • New scoring system added which awards points for enemy kills, headshots, popping red balloons from enemies if gate health is full, remaining oil or barrels at wave end, and for completing a wave. 
  • Fixed several cases where enemies would get stuck as they tried to walk past each other 
  • Using the -longbow launch command now places the player directly into the game, skipping the approach to the miniature

• 2 years later...

I had a chance to play Arizona Sunshine (zombie shooter) on the HTC Vive at a VR entertainment centre, and wow it was so much fun!  I didn’t get dizzy at all like I usually do when using my Google Cardboard for too long.  Geez the price on the HTC setup is crazy expensive.  The Playstation VR is like 1/3 to 1/2 the price.  I didn’t like the movement setup as I’m used to first person shooters where you can run around with a keypress or button press.  The jump to new spot system is a little disorientating at times.

I’m not sure I’d splurge $699 on an HTC Vive plus you also need the gaming PC to play the games.   I can see though the fun factor.  It’s so immersive you lose your orientation in the real world quite quickly.  For $25 / hour I don’t mind plunking a few bucks down to try it out.  Hopefully pricing will drop after a while.

Archived