Gotway iOS App?

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Nono said:

App available since yesterday but it doesn't work !!! We have to wait the next version ?

Woohoo ;) 

Have you set your iPhone to ENG? Tested with MCM4 or BT 4.0 compatible mCM2s / MSuper v2?

It starts on my iPad. Since I've currently no GW I can't test it.

I just downloaded to my iphone 6s plus which is on ios 9.2 it downloaded fine and app opened up and is in english. it has all the things the app has on the android phone but looks more polished. It does have a tilt back feature that you can set a km for tilt back. Now before I even try and pair this to my Msuper2 can anyone confirm if it will work or even when they fix the app it won't work? Thanks. Also I dont think the Msuper2 has a tilt back feature built in. does it

Looks like the App is a third party development: http://www.sihaicorp.com

i like to give a tipp free of charge addressed to Gotway:

if an app is developed by a third party it must be an asset of the one paid for it (Gotway)

the owner needs to have his own Apple developer account.

prior to sign the app a code review should be conducted to make sure the app doesn't harm the device of a customer

An skilled employee of the owner of the app signs the code/ app at the third party developer with his Developer certificate.

he never hand out his certificate, he only makes sure that his certificate signs the app/ code

never give footprints who is your supplier/ third party developer. 

Be part of the test-/ release process and make sure which code will be released as an App to your customers. You can test the developer Versions with iOS devices allowed/ named by the third party developer with the uuid of your iOS device.

This are basics in software development/ deployment to customers.

A general question regarding the operability: Against which Firmware release was the App developed?

On January 8, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Donafello said:

I just downloaded to my iphone 6s plus which is on ios 9.2 it downloaded fine and app opened up and is in english. it has all the things the app has on the android phone but looks more polished. It does have a tilt back feature that you can set a km for tilt back. Now before I even try and pair this to my Msuper2 can anyone confirm if it will work or even when they fix the app it won't work? Thanks. Also I dont think the Msuper2 has a tilt back feature built in. does it

It should not work with Msuper2, based on the APP description, it works for models with Bluetooth 4.0. You need to use the old APP to work with the Msuper. They have an old APP that works on unlocked Apple phones. You can also use the android APP as well.

28 minutes ago, NevNutz said:

It should not work with Msuper2, based on the APP description, it works for models with Bluetooth 4.0. You need to use the old APP to work with the Msuper. They have an old APP that works on unlocked Apple phones. You can also use the android APP as well.

What about the latest MSuper version? I thought it was mentioned it has BT4/ low energy? Or does the app requires BT 4.1/ 4.2 with enhanced security and more low energy profiles?

Anyway Gotway should give some light on the issue.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

What about the latest MSuper version? I thought it was mentioned it has BT4/ low energy? Or does the app requires BT 4.1/ 4.2 with enhanced security and more low energy profiles?

Anyway Gotway should give some light on the issue.

The current Msupers don't have Bluetooth 4.0, at least not to my knowledge. You have to use the Android APP or the old iOS APP for the current Msupers. The New Msuper will have Bluetooth 4.0. The only model currently using Bluetooth 4.0 is the MCM4. I am not sure about the new MCM3. I would assume they will have Bluetooth 4.0 as well.

The developer needs to fix it, Gotway need to test the functions, the developer needs to upload it at Apple for App Check. After a week or so it will be released by Apple in the App Store. Hopefully it's than properly tested and working.

They released a new update and finally it connects to the wheel.

I just have a question on the section "tilt up foot step speed set".

When I click on any of the speeds I get this message in chinese. Does anyone know what it means?

gotway app.PNG

48 minutes ago, Daniele said:

When I click on any of the speeds I get this message in chinese. Does anyone know what it means?

gotway app.PNG

What kind of Gotway EU are you using?

4 hours ago, Daniele said:

gotway app.PNG

@Daniele It means you have "succesfully set the speed" or in German "Geschwindigkeit erfolgreich eingestellt"

So, well done?

Anyone an idea if the App works with the Mten2?

Good to know it's working now for at least MCM4, so should be for the new ACM and new MSuper.

"About us" inside the app still states 1.0 and not 1.2 like in the App Store, same as in 1.1.

In the App Store the Developer/ Data privacy policy still points to the developer sihaicorp.com. 

The App name is Gotway, but the publisher is the developer sihaicorp. Is Gotway the owner of the app or do they use a license of the software they bought with the Bluetooth chip?

On 1/15/2016 at 5:52 AM, OliverH said:

Good to know it's working now for at least MCM4, so should be for the new ACM and new MSuper.

"About us" inside the app still states 1.0 and not 1.2 like in the App Store, same as in 1.1.

In the App Store the Developer/ Data privacy policy still points to the developer sihaicorp.com. 

The App name is Gotway, but the publisher is the developer sihaicorp. Is Gotway the owner of the app or do they use a license of the software they bought with the Bluetooth chip?

This should work with the new 16inch and 18 in wheels coming out this year.

New 16inch wheel production will start in mid February based on what I hear. Then again, production usually takes longer than expected,  so im thinking march is probably a better guess.

It is true, I cannot deactivate the tilt back.

24 km/h is the maximum speed, and even if I deactivate both alarms, when reaching 24 km/h it starts beeping.

Do you think that Gotway will soon introduce the ability to deactivate the tilt back in the iOS app?

Archived