Where to buy the Ryno one wheel motorbike/unicycle?

oopeteroo

My father want to buy the ryno one wheel motorbike. I emailed them at rynomotors.com  but didnt get any replies...

Anyone got information on the release date and price and status ? or know where i can buy it ?

i heard someone said its out but I couldnt find anything. On their homepage there is only pre-order-email.

Also i read somewhere that they are only shipping to theirs partners right now and everyone else needs to wait.

But then i found it on aliexpress.com and taobao.com

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/ryno.html?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=n&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160526013415&SearchText=ryno

https://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1464255335722_41&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=ryno&callback=__jsonp_cb&cna=4ED7DQf7HGwCAVO3ChvugAF5&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR517-PR854-PV895_2462

is it fake or replica ? or the real one? is the real one out yet ?

I have never seen a Ryno other than the company's promo stuff. It seems strange they'd be selling on the Chinese knockoff sites but I guess it's possible Ryno didn't pay their bills and these companies got the rights to sell under that name.

To me the Ryno is just the wrong mix of things. It tries to look like a motorcycle but it is not street legal in most places. Try to get it registered and see what they ask about lights, safety equipment, etc.  Ryno specifically pushes that it's legal for sidewalks but in most places it would then be an EPAMD and limited to about 10 or 15mph. Even then it's BIG and you won't make a lot of friends riding it on a narrow sidewalk. If you have a lot of bike lanes that would be the best place.

https://rynomotors.com/support/faq/

14 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

I have never seen a Ryno other than the company's promo stuff. It seems strange they'd be selling on the Chinese knockoff sites but I guess it's possible Ryno didn't pay their bills and these companies got the rights to sell under that name.

To me the Ryno is just the wrong mix of things. It tries to look like a motorcycle but it is not street legal in most places. Try to get it registered and see what they ask about lights, safety equipment, etc.  Ryno specifically pushes that it's legal for sidewalks but in most places it would then be an EPAMD and limited to about 10 or 15mph. Even then it's BIG and you won't make a lot of friends riding it on a narrow sidewalk. If you have a lot of bike lanes that would be the best place.

https://rynomotors.com/support/faq/

so basically it is not official out ? do you know what happend with the rynos ? i thought the release date wasa few years back... are they still actually planning to release it or is it already a cancelled project `?

My guess is their funding dried up. Too bad, but it would be the case for many innovations that are different and ahead of time, like flying cars etc. God knows how many projects are in limbo right now. I feel pity for the innovators sometimes. Initially you get lot of enthusiasm, good PR, great energy, some friends/angel investors believe in you. Then you start to iron out things, new challenges arise, policies change, people leave. Money dries up and you go for second round from new investors. That second load of money too dries up soon. In the meantime your product seems so close to final release. You just need THIS much push. And that's where that last push doesn't happen. Products never see the light. On the other hand if the product has merit and appeal, China is always there for you (to kill). You don't have money to pay the bills but your idea/product is suddenly everywhere, cheaper and may be better. The problem is, your are not the owner of it. This is a sad story. I suspect Ryno may be the victim of this situation. 

Archived