Inmotion V3S, New Firmware to 20KPH

Jason McNeil

There's a lot of people who don't have the inclination to learn to ride the single Wheel; the Inmotion V3S is a pretty good fit for people who have whetted their appetite with the Hoverboard & want something more. The V3S is a is the version of the V3 that has double the battery pack (40 cells vs 20 in the V3C & V3Pro).

The only grip from Customers who have used it for some time, is that they wish it could go a little faster. I mentioned this to Inmotion & the same day they responded by offering a test version of the firmware that allows the V3S (only) to reach the dizzying speeds of 20kph. The lift test reaches 32kph, so there's plenty of power/speed margin left. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

150% lift off speed seems like a proper buffer, I think IPS wheels have that too. My gf gave up on the v5f+ it was too hard for her so the v3s may be an option. Not to detrail the thread but I now wonder if the promised speed upgrade is on the way for my v5f+, so far the tilt free cruise speed is about 22-23 km/h, it would be perfect at 25 km/h.

Edit: Oh this is an old thread.. still @Jason McNeilwhen can we expect an upgrade?

Ok, for the V3S, please download the below speed change .apk App.

1) Upgrade to the latest firmware if you haven't already
2) Disconnect from the Inmotion App
3) After installing, click search, find the V3S, connect, then move the slider to 20kph 

http://images.ewheels.com/V3S_SC.apk

Notes: the upgrade is designed for the V3S since it has double the battery capacity & it is not 'Official' so standard disclaimers please (wear protection, be careful, considerate, etc)...

Still working on the 2kph increase on the V5F+, hope to have an update soon... Have fun!

Thanks Jason I'm looking forward to the upgrade, I never push the tiltback and 25 km/h cruising speed will be great for commuting!

I tried to test the max speed by lifting the wheel while turned on, it quickly maxed out and shut down, I could not do it slow by hand. Anyway it seemed to max out around 40 km/h for a moment before shutting down. Is this where the 27 km/h number comes from? 27 x 1.5 is about 40... But the v5f+ has 30% stronger batteries compared the the v5f (non plus) it should be able to handle more than 2 km/h extra then? Current max tiltback free cruise speed is 23 km/h, adding 30% gives 23 x 1.3 = 30 km/h. It should then tilt back at 31-32 and max at about 33 km/h. But maybe that is too much? Safety first definitely though, 25 km/h already feels fast on this 14" wheel!

2 minutes ago, JonTheMad said:

I've got the standard V3 model but with help from @1RadWerkstatt I now have a 258wh batterypack. @Jason McNeil could this maybe somehow make it possible for me to upgrade the speed to 20kmh? :)

the problem is that you still have "only" 20 cells and that it is not good to draw such high amps out of one serieell pack!

with 40 cells the high amp draw is split on two packs of 2 x 20 .....so i would not recommend to update to higher speed i any way!

Archived