Wife and I swapping to EUC

Zoomerino

Welcome! Since you have experience with one-wheels, you should already have a good understanding of the dangers of falling and faceplanting :) EUCs are quite a bit faster so keep that in mind! During the learning phase some people have bruises or just pains in the shins from pushing against the EUC body. This can be solved with cheap shinguards (i think they are sold for football players) or cutouts from yoga mats. However, pads should also help with that already, and your onewheel experience should make the learning curve enjoyable and short rather than steep and painful! If you want to be extra safe, wear some ankle protection and/or robust boots -- ankle bites is something that can happen on EUCs when you dismount clumsily and the heavier the EUCs the stronger the bite :).

• Like 1

IMO if it's not too late to change you should both get the same one to match speed and range.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

IMO if it's not too late to change you should both get the same one to match speed and range.

I think it's great to have different EUCs to try and compare (and learn riding on). This will be just so much more telling than just having one model and being like "that's how EUCs are".

Also both Extreme and Falcon are great wheels. I think this combination is a great introduction to wheels. They can always get more later;)

• Like 3

The Falcon has durability issues, specifically seals protecting the housings and motor.
This makes it suspect as an off-road vehicle. 
My wife got stuck in the mud and roached hers.
It was just our personal experience, but it did happen. 
Best of luck

How reliable have your onewheels been? Eucs could need a little love before they become low maintenance. 

Trail riding/offroading is the roughest type of riding so maybe you'll hit a few snags before you'll figure it all out.

If you don't have diy skills then it's a hassle of sending the wheel to get it fixed.

It's easy to get a different impression than other riders. Some swear by one brand over another, others say the opposite etc. Some riders find them super reliable, some have endless issues. It's a luck of the draw kind of situation.

The manufacturing line is all manual and so batches of wheels can have different issues.

Just tighten your bolts after you get your wheels. Check for play in the suspension. It could need some work before it's all smooth and quiet.

The beauty of eucs (and onewheels) is that there's no friction anywhere (except the bearings/suspension) so once you get it right it usually stays ok for a looong time. Way longer than scooters/bikes/motorcycles. Just don't despair before you reach that point of all joy and no waiting.

12 hours ago, Zoomerino said:

@Jayzao

What would be your recommendation for a sub $2,000 (new) EUC that is primarily off-road? 

T4 is quite a good choice. My wife is very happy with the size and weight and performance of it. Gets good range also. Would be a closer match to you on Extreme.

3 hours ago, Drunkard said:

T4 is quite a good choice. My wife is very happy with the size and weight and performance of it. Gets good range also. Would be a closer match to you on Extreme.

I agree with this statement.
The T4 is a solid choice, although, like all Begode, you will need to invest in panels, pads, and a little work to get it trail-ready.
https://clarkpads.com/collections/begode-t4-system

Edited by Jayzao

I second getting cheap soccer shinguards while you learn. Also helps with squeezing the wheel. All the rough areas of the battery and chassis will take their toll on your legs. Get a yoga mat and cut it up and stick it on the wheel to make everything comfy. You should have wrist-guards, the long ones, as you will fall forward. Pay attention to where you place your foot on the pedals so you aren't being random. Tire pressure is very important - too hard and the thing is squirrly and uncomfortable, too soft and the turning is very slow and you risk rim damage. Get yourself a quality tire gauge, start around 30 psi. I also agree with the T4, the suspension will work well for the wife. It's also cheaper than your Falcon.