important PSA announcement from wrongway regarding lynx and sherman ...

bpong

26 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

But then it doesn't make sense for LeaperKim to confirm that the issue exist and Jack saying a fix is on the way, in fact a whole lot about all of this makes no sense at all.

From watching Wrongway's video, it came across to me that Leaper Kim's position was that Wrongway was operating his Lynx outside the design point, and it wouldn't be a high priority for Leaper Kim to looked at it or to fix it, if at all.

Maybe Leaper Kim changed their position because they may have been convinced, since then, that the extreme offroad riding market maybe is worth their while to look at afterall. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bpong said:

okay,  i want good customer service, and i keep asking them to fix something, correct ?  there is a firmware release,  and i hope it works... until it works, i will keep asking, is that the pattern you are referring to ?  i'm biting...

You didn't ask for customer service because you didn't have an issue yet you are complaining about both of these things.

I shared the opinion that the complaints raised in Wrongway's video and how Wrongway was unhappy with Leaper Kim's response is not a reason for not to buy a Veteran branded wheel.

I thought it was quite refreshing that Leaper Kim told Wrongway it was user error. No beating around the bush.

I am still disappointed with Leaper Kim for caving in to Kevin from erides request to substitute their original steel cross member for a much weaker aluminum alloy version in the Abrams. I am still paying the price to this day.

Edited by techyiam

12 minutes ago, bpong said:

rawnei,

i want leaperkim to do what an owner/reviewer asked them to do.  nothing is wrong with my lynx...

Hey Apple, I spent a lot of money on the iPhone 16 but this other customer has an issue with his iPhone 16 and you are not fixing it fast enough, that is totally unacceptable.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Hey Apple, I spent a lot of money on the iPhone 16 but this other customer has an issue with his iPhone 16 and you are not fixing it fast enough, that is totally unacceptable.

It's worst than that.

The other owners' issues arose because he dropped it on concrete from a few meters high, and also submerged it for a few hours for fun and giggles. 

Leaper Kim never marketed the Lynx as an extreme wheel like Begode did with the Extreme and Inmotion with the V14.

Just look at the suspension travel.

Edited by techyiam

Once again, the population taking things to the extreme. I don’t blame Leaperkim at all, but what I don’t like is pushy people with an unrealistic expectation. And what I don’t like is biased people with an agenda, and whether you agree with me or not, Wrong way is begode biased, and not just for “ I’m a fanboy” reasons. 

If you think that “my Lynx dipped while running full kilt up a motor cross ramp” isn’t unreasonable, then we will always have complaints. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

Once again, the population taking things to the extreme. I don’t blame Leaperkim at all, but what I don’t like is pushy people with an unrealistic expectation. And what I don’t like is biased people with an agenda, and whether you agree with me or not, Wrong way is begode biased, and not just for “ I’m a fanboy” reasons. 

If you think that “my Lynx dipped while running full kilt up a motor cross ramp” isn’t unreasonable, then we will always have complaints. 

The issue wasn’t a fundamental flaw. It’s well within LK’s ability to tune/engineer/FW update a wheel that can perform that jump. I’m not sure why you are angry that someone is pointing it out. Don’t you want better wheels?

On 9/27/2024 at 5:06 AM, Patrick Robert said:

EUC World alarms: "Use wheel alarms".

That way the alarm plays in your helmet, instead of just beeping. Easy to hear, regardless of speed. 

This only works on Begode wheels that send alarm flags to the app. Unfortunately, LeaperKim wheels doesn't send this info to the app.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

First test ride with 0.12 firmware, first 35km mixed riding (road+offroad) with no assist only 65% ride mode and then another 13km with 30% assist (my usual setup), top speed was 70kmh gps, nothing odd to report behaves just like previous firmware.

I didn't have dips before and I didn't have dips now so nothing to report there.

What about the boost in amps? You didn't notice any extra power?

I haven't updated yet, and I'm at work till 6 tonight.

1 hour ago, o u euc 2 said:

What about the boost in amps? You didn't notice any extra power?

I haven't updated yet, and I'm at work till 6 tonight.

How exactly do you think one would notice 10% more max current? 😅

It means that it will beep/give up later in certain scenarios which wasn't really an issue before, so while more current is nice it's not something you just causally notice on such a powerful wheel.

On the pull force test it should get slightly better results.

So all they did was set assist to zero, and add some amps for the top end, that you won't notice?

I think I'll wait awhile before I update.

I've been happy with 100% assist, and zero hardness. I don't jump tall ramps.

Just now, o u euc 2 said:

So all they did was set assist to zero, and add some amps for the top end, that you won't notice?

I think I'll wait awhile before I update.

I've been happy with 100% assist, and zero hardness. I don't jump tall ramps.

For someone who pushes the wheel so hard that it dips due to hitting max current then maybe it wouldn't dip with even more current.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

For someone who pushes the wheel so hard that it dips due to hitting max current then maybe it wouldn't dip with even more current.

Agreed. Or if the tuning is too slow to compensate for an impulse response like hitting a bad pothole when cruising at a medium speed.

Edited by noonewantstobepeterchris
To make my post more clear.

30 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I'm curious to see some jump tests from WrongWay, or maybe Mike Leahy, with some more slow motion to compare behavior on ramps or steep inclines.

20 hours ago, bpong said:

rawnei,

i want leaperkim to do what an owner/reviewer asked them to do.  nothing is wrong with my lynx...

I think it's fair to want a company to address the concerns of others that don't necessarily affect you. I'd want other customers to be treated the way I'd like to be treated, and I feel there is a reasonable expectation that firmware be updated to be more accommodative of jumpers/extreme riders, as evidenced by the new firmware being released.  I reserve judgment on the interactions with WrongWay, as one(?) employee doesn't necessarily represent the whole company. Heck, they could've been having a bad day when they said "Leaperkim cares more about safety than you." Could've gone better, could've gone worse. Applause for the relatively prompt firmware, given that it likely wasn't being developed for this issue in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you ask me Leaperkim pushing out an update for the Lynx, whether or not addressing certain complaints (funny assist mode needs to be unblocked now) is a sign they are trying to improve, fine tune and keep developing their Flagship euc.

The dipping phenomena is a tricky one especially if the terms aren't defined precisely. Sometimes confused with overleaning or temporary dipping/loss of power, pedal reaction accelerating/breaking or when turning... remember it's not the pedals that are dipping, the whole wheel is. I mention this because, to make things worse, acceleration assist although works in the same way, is somehow treated differently. I believe we're supposed to setup our wheel in terms of comfort or snappy response with the hardness variable but with the dipping it's about not feeling anything, it's about the euc learning what the ideal tilt for our body position and lean in any particular circumstance is. This is easier to understand in current racing and off road scenarios. In order to squeeze the most efficient power (before AI takes over in the future), one must fine tune the balance of how you throw your body around the euc/track and have the wheel matching the dip to output maximum power/acceleration with control. The way you know you're close is when you don't feel anything.

Only fast powerful wheels need dipping, ideally accel. assist should be 100% in normal performance racing/riding and average body position/placement, but sadly, not yet connecting with some youtuber egos. Never really understood how a wheel can support certain hard landings from those huge jumps; awesome, I admit and you need balls of steel, but you can't complain that it couldn't be rider abuse or nothing to do with backing up & down 40% inclines, that pesky dipping sensation! I'm happy adapting to what very smart people think the dip should be and how to ride it and let muscle memory take over and not to the tears of someone with blue hair with an attitude,

Hell, I don't even like to go down stairs when I think of the electronics!