Begode Extreme beeping and leaning foward and back like a slow bucking bull

Hello everyone,

I have a peculiar problem and no real google fu has answered my question.

I was out riding, I started with a full battery. After 15 miles my EUC started leaning back (extremely back) then started leaning fowarded (extremely). Fortunately I was on a sidewalk and slowed down to get off. I had to shut it off to get it to stop. Once I turned it back on, it ran for about another 100 ft. and started again. This continued. Eventually I just had to call my wife to pick me up about 5 miles from home.

Can anyone help?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What voltage does it show?

@Jason McNeilBad Cells?  I am thinking I didn't actually having it charging before last ride, (it wasn't full?).  Isn't 3.6v/cell around half a charge?

Screenshot_20240721_125825_Begode.thumb.jpg.730d237436142d4f570c43fa1fa7da97.jpgScreenshot_20240721_125841_Begode.thumb.jpg.660854ada35b070523c426bba0008249.jpg

Screenshot_20240721_125825_Begode.jpg

Screenshot_20240721_125841_Begode.jpg

Edited by Brutal-Force

I don't know exactly, but usual voltage per cell is something like 3V - 4.2V. Not sure if those 2.8X V cells are still at a good voltage or if it's too low. And they should not be at a different voltage in the first place!

Looks like a battery problem. Did you buy from ewheels? Then just send them an email with these screenshots, they surely can help.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't know exactly, but usual voltage per cell is something like 3V - 4.2V. Not sure if those 2.8X V cells are still at a good voltage or if it's too low. And they should not be at a different voltage in the first place!

Looks like a battery problem. Did you buy from ewheels? Then just send them an email with these screenshots, they surely can help.

Yes, I did buy from eWheels. I emailed with Screenshots. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Then you're in the best hands you can be. This is a (quite rare I think) case of bad cells. Just let them send you a new wheel/packs or repair yours. Clear warranty thing.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brutal-Force said:

@Jason McNeilBad Cells?  I am thinking I didn't actually having it charging before last ride, (it wasn't full?).  Isn't 3.6v/cell around half a charge?

Screenshot_20240721_125825_Begode.thumb.jpg.730d237436142d4f570c43fa1fa7da97.jpgScreenshot_20240721_125841_Begode.thumb.jpg.660854ada35b070523c426bba0008249.jpg

Screenshot_20240721_125825_Begode.jpg

Screenshot_20240721_125841_Begode.jpg

you got the answer here, some bad cells. wheel is warning you ;)
ewheels will take care of it ;)

1st and 17th group low voltage. I wonder if those groups are at the bottom on the packs, as if there's water contamination.

What's unusual is that you have one group in each pack. What are the odds?

Did you find out the reason for the cells going bad? As @alcatraz pointed out, something strange was going on. Bad cells happen, but not like that without a reason. 

I don't have a reason. When checking my cells, it is clear that the two cells in the photo drain a lot quicker. I had charged the battery back up and only reached 131.2V at maximum charge. I then rode the wheel about 15-20 miles again monitoring the BMS the whole time. As the photo indicates the cells dropped at a much higher rate. Before I reached the point of my other ride, I had the cells at about 3900 and the two cells were at 3100. Any further and I believe they would have begin to fail again.

It would appear if it were two old worn out cells somehow made it into the battery? It ended up being my right front and left rear batterys.  I inspected the packs visually without removing the plastic covering (inside the metal box). There were no visual signs of damage.

I do not have the expertise to check at a lower level than that and feel safe about it. At one point, I had to switch the packs from one case that was reversed to the others per eWheels instructions.  If they had told me not to, I wouldn't have done that either.

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Did you find out the reason for the cells going bad? As @alcatraz pointed out, something strange was going on. Bad cells happen, but not like that without a reason. 

On 7/22/2024 at 5:55 AM, alcatraz said:

1st and 17th group low voltage. I wonder if those groups are at the bottom on the packs, as if there's water contamination.

What's unusual is that you have one group in each pack. What are the odds?

Per Jason,

"Although extremely rear, it can happen. From our experience, if cells are signifiantly below the others, the packs will need to be replaced."