Turn Off Bluetooth

28 minutes ago, on one said:

I want to turn off bluetooth on my Ninebot Z10 and on my King Song 14D. How do I disable wireless connections on my EUCs?

14 minutes ago, Rider1 said:

I don't think this is possible, but it surely is on my wishlist as well!

May I ask why would you like this? So your phone doesn't automatically pair with the wheel when you turn the EUC on, I suppose?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomallo said:

May I ask why would you like this? So your phone doesn't automatically pair with the wheel when you turn the EUC on, I suppose?

+1. I cannot imagine why would you ever want/need to disable Bluetooth on a wheel. Just don't use it? o_O

That said, I'd imagine you should be able to just disconnect the Bluetooth module from the board. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Removing the Bluetooth board is the way. 

The begode master has a small one which is (rather loosely) plugged in the main board.

Why would one want to do this though...

Edited by Aztek
  • Like 1

Setting tiltback to 25 km/h and than removing the bleutooth module is a way to make the euc (almost) streetlegal in Belgium.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Setting tiltback to 25 km/h and than removing the bleutooth module is a way to make the euc (almost) streetlegal in Belgium.

Another example of people being forced to consider denying themselves vital safety information (safety margin etc) in order to try and comply with some pointless, unjustified speed limit. There's the law again, making it all more dangerous...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

I guess the first reason is because I don't want my wheel automatically connecting to somebody else device. I noticed that my wheel connected to my watch one time and I don't remember ever enabling it on my apple watch, then it disconnected on it's own and reconnected to my helmet. Then disconnected again. Another reason is because I don't really want to be broadcasting that I'm riding my wheel to the world all the time. Not that I should really need a reason to want privacy. Privacy is a human right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, on one said:

I guess the first reason is because I don't want my wheel automatically connecting to somebody else device. I noticed that my wheel connected to my watch one time and I don't remember ever enabling it on my apple watch, then it disconnected on it's own and reconnected to my helmet. Then disconnected again. Another reason is because I don't really want to be broadcasting that I'm riding my wheel to the world all the time. Not that I should really need a reason to want privacy. Privacy is a human right.

Do you have an iPhone and Apple Watch?

Edit: see this recent Rob Braxman interview discussing Apple's cross-device tracking.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

Just now, on one said:

Wow - is there really not a setting somewhere that will stop it connecting to any old bluetooth that happens to be nearby ?! That's a serious issue if it randomly disconnects itself, and then auto-pairs with whatever's around !

• Like 1

Yes, I have an iphone and an old apple watch that I mostly use just for a walkman. And I recently got the Airwheel C5 smart helmet after wanting it for a year. I love my new helmet, so I never ride without one anymore. But my wheel did try to connect to my helmet yesterday and then disconnected after a some kind of wireless handshake.

@litewave regarding your video, Yes, the struggle is real. I would like to retain the ability to turn all that stuff off when I want to. It's more a matter of principle than one of actual privacy, but I still want to be able to turn wifi and bluetooth off when I want to. I can still make recordings with my helmet cam without any wireless connections and I can use my ipod 5th generation with wired headphones. I just feel kind of taken advantage of when it's impossible to turn off wireless. Even though it would be a rare occasion when I did.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2024 at 11:47 AM, Dancer said:

Do the police in Belgium look at Bluetooth? That sucks. 

17 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Do the police in Belgium look at Bluetooth? That sucks. 

Not specifically Bluetooth, but if there is an easy way to modify the speedlimit without modifications to the hardware, it's illegal. 

To disable Bluetooth on your Ninebot Z10, just open the Ninebot app, head to settings, and you'll find an option to turn off Bluetooth. For your King Song 14D, you'll need to do the same in the King Song app—go to settings and toggle off Bluetooth. If you’re having trouble finding it, checking the user manual or reaching out to customer support might help.