V8S Out of box: internal spinning. Almostwheel spin w/out wheel engaging. “Danger, slow down” is played over speaker

Solonward

I just bought V8S.  I unboxed, charged, downloaded app and disabled transport mode. Preparing for first ride, I powered on and immediately it began revving up something internal.  The wheel would intermittently engage and disengage, creating a centripetal force that would almost jerk it of my hand.   Simultaneously, the audible warning would broadcast “danger, slow down”.  

Only by squeezing the anti wheel spin button would it stop that internal spinning and revving up.  

any help would be appreciated. 

Do not lift the wheel off the ground while it is on  and the lift switch is not engaged.  The wheel will spin up if lifted off the ground.  Spinning forward or backwards depending on how it is tilted off the ground.

Was the tire on the ground when you turned it on? If not, lifting (and subtly tilting) the wheel will make it try to correct that, but since it can't do that off the ground, it rapidly spins up until it shuts down.

The anti spin button doesn't work (safety against accidental presses while riding) unless the wheel is almost still. If it was off the ground, it just shut off after a second or two.

So if it was off the ground, it worked exactly as it is supposed to - trying to balance, and then shutting down when that doesn't work. That happens really fast.

Once you really know a wheel well, and figure out exactly where the centre of balance is you will be able to pick it up without that motor going nuts by carefully controlling the (forward / back) angle you hold it at so that it never moves far off centre. But there is no need - that is what the lift kill switch is for, and in all other cases wheel should be turned on whilst in full contact with ground.

Rookie mistake lifting it in the air with motor engaged. 😁

Which is not dangerous to do once you expect it and know how to handle it (if you need to do a freespins test for whatever reason).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 7:33 PM, Cerbera said:

Once you really know a wheel well, and figure out exactly where the centre of balance is you will be able to pick it up without that motor going nuts by carefully controlling the (forward / back) angle you hold it at so that it never moves far off centre. But there is no need - that is what the lift kill switch is for, and in all other cases wheel should be turned on whilst in full contact with ground.

Wait its possible to actually lift a wheel without it spinning and not using a spin kill switch? I mean i havent even seen wrongway do that yet. Thats impressive if thats possible given the weight of the euc and handles arent centered.

2 hours ago, kintips said:

Wait its possible to actually lift a wheel without it spinning and not using a spin kill switch? I mean i havent even seen wrongway do that yet. Thats impressive if thats possible given the weight of the euc and handles arent centered.

Technically you can do it, as in prepare and lift carefully, in one place, with both hands, under controlled conditions, just to see that you can. But don't imagine it as "I can quickly grab and lug my wheel up a few steps of stairs in one hand without using the kill switch". Nobody can do that.

• Like 1