Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

Just realized that a rider with a blitz took third place at the electrify race expo last weekend. 

Looks like he was beaten by a ex30 and a commander pro, but beat a lot of other wheels. 

So definitely seems like a capable wheel. Hopefully Zen posts his results from France as he was going to test lynx / blitz and possibly Sherman L all on the same track. 

1 minute ago, Eyss said:

Just realized that a rider with a blitz took third place at the electrify race expo last weekend. 

Looks like he was beaten by a ex30 and a commander pro, but beat a lot of other wheels. 

So definitely seems like a capable wheel. Hopefully Zen posts his results from France as he was going to test lynx / blitz and possibly Sherman L all on the same track. 

Was it the Blitz that was "dremeled?"
I watched the video posted by Roger EUC and someone used a Dremel to saw off the risers in the front around the console.

6 minutes ago, Eyss said:

So definitely seems like a capable wheel.

The podiums always seemed to be occupied by riders from the same top riders pool.

The wheels may change, but the riders don't seem to change much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jayzao said:

Was it the Blitz that was "dremeled?

Yeah. When the initial podiums shots came out I didn't realize it because the handle was missing. 

12 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The wheels may change, but the riders don't seem to change much.

Definitely it's more the rider than the wheel, but it means at least the wheel can perform on what looks like a medium sized track which I was concerned about due to claims of lack of torque*

* Assuming it's a stock blitz. 

Edited by Eyss
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

Off topic, based on your name & wheel  @Max B you're the lucky one who rides the north shore trails in BC right? Man it really is the best place in the world

I ride the trails in Chicago, we have a lot of different scenic trails.

IMG_2351.jpeg

• Like 1

Seeing Blitz perform pretty good and being the lightest performance wheel at 36kg is making my heart break a little, but it's okay, it will probably still need a year or two to get all the kinks and weak points worked out.. (I'm trying to make myself - a street rider - feel better about finally pre-ordering Extreme back at July *screams internally*). 

3 minutes ago, Phonoman said:

Seeing Blitz perform pretty good and being the lightest performance wheel at 36kg is making my heart break a little, but it's okay, it will probably still need a year or two to get all the kinks and weak points worked out.. (I'm trying to make myself - a street rider - feel better about finally pre-ordering Extreme back at July *screams internally*). 

the big problem is, that no wheels last for 2 years.  In 2 years from now the Blitz will be yesterdays news, and probably 4 new models behind time. The EUC market has become a "now or never" deal.

2 hours ago, Robse said:

..., The EUC market has become a "now or never" deal.

robse,

imo, its both the buyer and seller.  there are riders out there with 1 euc for the longest time.  there are riders who have enough eucs to start a small retail outlet.  there are riders and reviewers who start gossip about possible new models.  there are riders who cannot make up their mind on what they want,  or simply dont know what they want.  there are so many eucs now, old and new,  one cant help but wonder if they made the 'right' choice.  in the end, the rider simply has to at some point,  ignore the onslaught of marketing, reviewing, and forum chit-chat,  and just pick out an euc they like, and ride their euc and simply be happy they can !!!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Robse said:

the big problem is, that no wheels last for 2 years.  In 2 years from now the Blitz will be yesterdays news, and probably 4 new models behind time. The EUC market has become a "now or never" deal.

I personally love the power and acceleration my 134 v Commander Pro has. Super curious to try an ET max but I may hold out until the second or third batch 200 volt wheels that will inevitably be released in 2025. I agree that the release of wheels in the past two years has kind of been mind blowing. But I don't think it is a bad thing, but agree that some wheels will be left by the way side. (Begode Hero)

• Like 1

Front handle is made out of plastic and is pretty meh. I mean, the plastic they used is good quality and felt solid, but it's positioned in a way that it will poke into your upper thigh when you take a corner. 

2 hours ago, jmsjms said:

the front handle that holds display durable for a heavy duty lock? If somebody tries to cut off the handle, they'd ruin the wheel, right

Somebody in Rogers video seem to cut through the handle easily. 

Somebody on Reddit had the handle break on the first crash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/s/uLUTdJ5uM0

I would put the lock through the rim

1 hour ago, slippyfeet said:

Wrongway Adam has some mad squeaking on his right now. He mentioned in the comments he’ll do a tear down to see what’s up but he’s definitely enjoying the performance nonetheless 

wheel just beggin for mercy....

Well he is riding in sand with wheel that has open suspension system, could be that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Well he is riding in sand with wheel that has open suspension system, could be that.

Got the same issues with the S22 pro when pushing it hard in rocky / messy offroad. Which asks for a lot of maintenance to keep it in acceptable condition. Can be many things including sand, play in the linkage axles, loosened suspension linkage, ... Maybe a bit of all of that. However something not comforting is that he pushes the Extreme hard too and doesn't seem to meet this kind of noise development in any way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tritbool said:

Got the same issues with the S22 pro when pushing it hard in rocky / messy offroad. Which asks for a lot of maintenance to keep it in acceptable condition. Can be many things including sand, play in the linkage axles, loosened suspension linkage, ... Maybe a bit of all of that. However something not comforting is that he pushes the Extreme hard too and doesn't seem to meet this kind of noise development in any way

i think that deep down, he still hates Begode wheels, and it would be a nice occasion to manifest this in case he manages to trash the wheel