Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

Exactly, my C30 is not getting recognised, It needs this field weakening to speed it up. Thanks did not see this film yet 93MPH =150KPH = as talked on the begode blitz specs.

the problem is I have a master mobo V1 or 2 inside, with IPhone I can not update, I do not know if I will be able to find firmware that fits this mobo. 

48 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

stopped watching at 22:12, sorry but this is just to ... mysterious, Sorry guys, cant push the wheel while holding my phone to the display .. ??? what is this stupid display talk? trying to watch the display for a speed reading? Ever heard of euc world or wheel log? omg.. i personally dont give a **** about a wheel mounted display, my eyes are on the road.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is the saddest wheel Begode has released in a long time coming from a master and ET max owner and overall fan.

This has the unnecessary height of the ET Max, the worse trolley of the ET Max, and then they completely ruined the ergonomics with the front handle such that you can't carve it. All while having the screen in an unusable position that will also break first in a crash......They put a weaker lighter motor in it, and yet it weighs the same as a more ergonomic, more powerful plastic battery box master

All the drawbacks of an ET max (+the insane handle) without the power or speed to make up for it. This wheel makes me want to learn Mandarin to fly over there to try to slap some sense into them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Suzuha said:

This is the saddest wheel Begode has released in a long time coming from a master and ET max owner and overall fan.

This has the unnecessary height of the ET Max, the worse trolley of the ET Max, and then they completely ruined the ergonomics with the front handle such that you can't carve it. All while having the screen in an unusable position that will also break first in a crash......They put a weaker lighter motor in it, and yet it weighs the same as a more ergonomic, more powerful plastic battery box master

All the drawbacks of an ET max (+the insane handle) without the power or speed to make up for it. This wheel makes me want to learn Mandarin to fly over there to try to slap some sense into them.

The height, goofy, unreadable display, and lack of new innovation make this wheel disappointing.
It is worth waiting out the production cycle for what comes next.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Blitz is marketed as racing wheel. You would think that racers would generally be heels over over joy riding it on a track. 

I know it is early yet, but still, we already have a racer who would rather race on a Master V4 than on a dedicatedly designed race wheel. 

• Like 1

I'm interested in the new motor. I'm guessing they found a way to increase torque in the HS motors. This new tech is probably going to find its way to all new Begode wheels. 

I wonder what this new HS motor weighs.

I wonder if it's wound like a C30 but with even thicker wires so it can take more amps. Is that it?

On the specs it looks like an updated Master. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I wonder if it's wound like a C30 but with even thicker wires so it can take more amps. Is that it?

Hard to know what they did unless someone teardown both of them and compare them in detail.

However, we do know Begode was looking for ways to minimize weight. The motor covers are already made from magnesium alloy. And copper is not a light weight material. 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

The Blitz is marketed as racing wheel. You would think that racers would generally be heels over over joy riding it on a track. 

I know it is early yet, but still, we already have a racer who would rather race on a Master V4 than on a dedicatedly designed race wheel. 

Which proves once again that this "marketing" makes no sense, i have had offroads wheels that where some of the best street riding wheels. Idk if thats a good racing wheel, but its an excellent city wheel! For people complaining about the potential height, unless you are 4'1, its should be ok, including with the ET MAX.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Which proves once again that this "marketing" makes no sense, i have had offroads wheels that where some of the best street riding wheels. Idk if thats a good racing wheel, but its an excellent city wheel! For people complaining about the potential height, unless you are 4'1, its should be ok, including with the ET MAX.

I believe Begode would do very well to abandon the "racing" marketing strategy and just market the Begode as an "all around" EUC. With the right tire I think it'll be more than adequate on trails, especially with the Blitz's suspension travel distance. In my opinion, it might not be the best at racing due to lower low-end torque as your video discussed, but it'll be more than adequate for highly spirited street riding that will fit the needs of a large segment of the market. There's so much that the Blitz is (likely) very good at, and those things deserve recognition in order to score Begode some more sales.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

I would have been over heels if it had half of battery and weight was more around 25-30kg. Also on race tracks suspension isn't needed. I would imagine non-suspension wheel would be way better even for racing on flat/smooth tracks. As the rider would 100% feel all the wheel and wheel would take up all the rider input right there and then. Where on suspension there is some play..

And yes half battery would be way better for racing. Laps are somewhat short.. You aren't riding a marathon, so lighter wheel would be much more preferred. 

Edited by Funky

7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I believe Begode would do very well to abandon the "racing" marketing strategy and just market the Begode as an "all around" EUC. With the right tire I think it'll be more than adequate on trails, especially with the Blitz's suspension travel distance. In my opinion, it might not be the best at racing due to lower low-end torque as your video discussed, but it'll be more than adequate for highly spirited street riding that will fit the needs of a large segment of the market. There's so much that the Blitz is (likely) very good at, and those things deserve recognition in order to score Begode some more sales.

Leaperkim has the "all-round" segment cornered, if Begode dropped its "racing/performance" branding, it would lose its identity and be directly competing with a company who has historically focused on making "do-it-all" wheels. Even the new Sherman is more than just a long range cruiser.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

And yes half battery would be way better for racing. Laps are somewhat short.. You aren't riding a marathon, so lighter wheel would be much more preferred. 

You could always disconnect 2 batteries. 

But with half the batteries means half the amps....I've hit 80ish battery amps on my ex30 during time trials so I wouldn't want to risk it with 50 amps (32s2p 50s cells). 

8 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

So not gnome approved……🤔

Seems a bit discriminatory toward gnomes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyss said:

You could always disconnect 2 batteries. 

But with half the batteries means half the amps....I've hit 80ish battery amps on my ex30 during time trials so I wouldn't want to risk it with 50 amps (32s2p 50s cells). 

Different battery setup completely. Not just disconnecting 2 batteries. More P less S. 

2 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

10mph like all modern Begode wheels lol

Did you test yourself to provide this metric? 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

Thanks for the review Ronin!, the presentation is also very enjoyable, i dont know the difficulties of reviewing a recently released wheel, i guess the availability and time with the wheel are limited, did you have a chance to test the range?, it seems to me like an ideal high performance commuter in a small city with great versatility for almost everything including offroad, if its an energy efficient wheel that gives good range and good safety margin for overpower and overspeed, that would round up the package for me. I remember they mentioned  in the release stream, that the motor was a "high efficiency c32", i dont know what they meant by that.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Manoloco said:

Thanks for the review Ronin!, the presentation is also very enjoyable, i dont know the difficulties of reviewing a recently released wheel, i guess the availability and time with the wheel are limited, did you have a chance to test the range?, it seems to me like an ideal high performance commuter in a small city with great versatility for almost everything including offroad, if its an energy efficient wheel that gives good range and good safety margin for overpower and overspeed, that would round up the package for me. I remember they mentioned  in the release stream, that the motor was a "high efficiency c32", i dont know what they meant by that.

Thanks. I don't do range tests as I don't find these enjoyable 😁

Edited by Ronin Ryder

@Ronin Ryder
It was a good video. I did watch it and added a like.
However, after watching the video I don't think it would be an EUC I would purchase.
I guess that's the point of YouTube reviews. ;)

• Like 1