InMotion V14 riders : Share Your Tips, Tricks, Modifications, Upgrades, Hacks, Setups & Feature Requests

Kmil

On 7/19/2024 at 8:37 AM, jimmux said:

They really screwed something up with this firmware. Support are insisting I need to replace my affected battery pack, which shouldn't be necessary for something like this.

Are you getting the error that says you're over voltage? I'm getting that now too, even though all packs are at the same safe level. It's refusing to balance and won't even let me turn on the headlight.

I can't help wondering if a hard reset of the controller would fix it, but I can't find any way to do that.

From my experience, I assumed these FW upgrades were on-demand in response to the user uploading a log to Inmotion.
I don't think a factory reset would reset the firmware, as it runs under the wheel OS. 
All that would be reset would be use-configurable options like tilt, speed alarms, and the like. 
Someone correct me if I am mistaken. 

On 7/19/2024 at 10:15 AM, Popov said:

It looks like InMotion has really run out of good programmers

Screenshot_20240719-101017.png

It's battery right? Simple - overcharge.. You got yourself extra 2% range. Duh... Real question would be - how can't someone understand something that simple.  :D 

19 hours ago, Jayzao said:

From my experience, I assumed these FW upgrades were on-demand in response to the user uploading a log to Inmotion.
I don't think a factory reset would reset the firmware, as it runs under the wheel OS. 
All that would be reset would be use-configurable options like tilt, speed alarms, and the like. 
Someone correct me if I am mistaken. 

Yeah I don't expect a reset to revert the firmware, but sometimes firmware breaks due to configuration. Failing that, I don't think the current error is correct, so a hard reset might clear the error and let me ride again.

• 2 weeks later...

@JayzaoGood info!
Looks like from the pic you've got the Clark pedals installed.....did the Nylonove pedals work as expected as well?
Asking as it appears the Nylonove pedals are longer, which would accomodate my size 14 boots better.
Thanks!

Will

Edit: Looked at the NyloNove pedals, looks like I was mistaken.
What are the larger (longer) pedals in the 1st picture above?  Are those the Clarks?

Edited by WillCO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WillCO said:

@JayzaoGood info!
Looks like from the pic you've got the Clark pedals installed.....did the Nylonove pedals work as expected as well?
Asking as it appears the Nylonove pedals are longer, which would accomodate my size 14 boots better.
Thanks!

Will

Edit: Looked at the NyloNove pedals, looks like I was mistaken.
What are the larger (longer) pedals in the 1st picture above?  Are those the Clarks?

Thank you!
In the top photo I show three pedals. The Clark pedal, the NyloNove, and the stock InMotion.
Both will fit the V12 and V14 with the longer replacement axle from eWheels. I put the Clarks on the V12. 
My preference are the NyloNoves due to size, and spike bite. The InMotion stock pedal is cast aluminum where the studs are smooth and could lose grip in some situations.
My Forma riding boots are a size 45.

NyloNove Pedals, EucCrazy seat, and PowerKnobz. 
I love this wheel for off-roading. 

image.thumb.png.30c1824fce8a632e8ce3aa0b7a3f12b4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jayzao
I'm in Lakewood, gonna have to get togther on a ride at some point (life's hectic, not riding much, but things are settling down finally...).
Of course, Clark is sold out of the V10/11/12 (thus V14) pedals, else I'd grab a set.  Thanks for the axle link, picking up a set for when I DO get pedals.

If you don't mind taking a quick comparison, how much longer are the Clark vs Nylonove?  Having asked that, I'll get my lazy a$$ on the internet and look up some specs....

Will

Edited by WillCO

13 hours ago, WillCO said:

@Jayzao
I'm in Lakewood, gonna have to get togther on a ride at some point (life's hectic, not riding much, but things are settling down finally...).
Of course, Clark is sold out of the V10/11/12 (thus V14) pedals, else I'd grab a set.  Thanks for the axle link, picking up a set for when I DO get pedals.

If you don't mind taking a quick comparison, how much longer are the Clark vs Nylonove?  Having asked that, I'll get my lazy a$$ on the internet and look up some specs....

Will

Nice!

The Clarks are about 1" shorter at their longest point than the Nylos.
Specifically, The Clarks are 17.78mm shorter, just about an inch.

Indeed, we will need to catch a ride sometime.
We have a ride scheduled for Sept 7th at BlueSky (Evans). You are welcome to join.
https://www.meetup.com/denver-electric-unicycle-meetup-group-deneuc/events/302422698/

We just recently started this group for group rides in the Denver area.
Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

I just got my V14, the suspension works great but the stock spring is way to stiff. I have about 1mm of sag and I weight around 170 pound. Any suggestions about different spring for a plush ride. I ride exclusively on pavement with occasionnal stair drop. 

Thx 

1 hour ago, Meso said:

stock spring is way to stiff

Gratz on the new wheel. Inmotion makes a 550# replacement shock/spring for it. Check your local dealer. Or if you could replace it with a quality shock like the Fox air i put on mine or any other 200mm shock setup but you might have to buy a bushing or 2. IMO the fox float dpx2 was a massive improvement from the stock shock. I have no experience with the 550# but @Unventor has so maybe he could comment on it. A picture and info for the fox is on p2 of this thread if you are interested.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, Jayzao said:

Nice!

The Clarks are about 1" shorter at their longest point than the Nylos.
Specifically, The Clarks are 17.78mm shorter, just about an inch.

Indeed, we will need to catch a ride sometime.
We have a ride scheduled for Sept 7th at BlueSky (Evans). You are welcome to join.
https://www.meetup.com/denver-electric-unicycle-meetup-group-deneuc/events/302422698/

We just recently started this group for group rides in the Denver area.
Thanks!

@JayzaoCompletely forgot to respond, so better late than...

Thank you!

I ended up getting a new set (should say "ordering a new set") of Nylos from their new V14 line, UPS says they're delayed in Poland at the moment...

See you Saturday (BlueSky ride).

Will

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, WillCO said:

@JayzaoCompletely forgot to respond, so better late than...

Thank you!

I ended up getting a new set (should say "ordering a new set") of Nylos from their new V14 line, UPS says they're delayed in Poland at the moment...

See you Saturday (BlueSky ride).

Will

where did you get the new v14 line parts?

On 9/4/2024 at 2:11 AM, Meso said:

Hi guys, 

I just got my V14, the suspension works great but the stock spring is way to stiff. I have about 1mm of sag and I weight around 170 pound. Any suggestions about different spring for a plush ride. I ride exclusively on pavement with occasionnal stair drop. 

Thx 

BTW I am slighty heavier, but mine also used to move almost nothing, I loosened the pretensioner ring (difficult but doable, I used a plastic printed chisel, no marks on anything) which helped a bit, however now after about 700 km I feel it has been getting softer by itself, now it is a bit bouncy and nice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eried said:

BTW I am slighty heavier, but mine also used to move almost nothing, I loosened the pretensioner ring (difficult but doable, I used a plastic printed chisel, no marks on anything) which helped a bit, however now after about 700 km I feel it has been getting softer by itself, now it is a bit bouncy and nice.

Noticed the same, break-in seems to have the shock at a nice point now (loosened the preload ring as well).  240#

@Jayzao
Got the pedals in today, but ran into an install snag, will need to trim the adapter plate (velcro plate) where it meets the inside edge of the pedals so the pedals will fold up (currently solidly down).  Side note,I  have the E-Rides pedal hangars/velcro plate on, so I may put the stock hangars on first to see if there's a difference in clearance.  Or I may just go to town w/some shears....

I'll get some pics tomorrow after tweaking and a test ride.

They are a little slimmer width-wise, and a very little bit longer than the stock pedals.

• Like 1

Used a dremel to remove material from the E-Rides plates, now the pedals fold up as expected (rather, they go far enough, as they hit my pads and feel like they wouldn't go any further without the pads, so more material may need to be removed if I wanted full-up).
Didn't do much more than tool around to adjust dihedral angle (is that a correct term?), tho I'm riding tomorrow, so I'll have some experience on them in a bit.
Img1.thumb.jpg.8da488f8aa1ae5d6e8aae678fe296b6d.jpgImg2.thumb.jpg.7415f9c6dd2c57c3345d8f64a9d9e72b.jpg

Folded/down...
Img4.thumb.jpg.ba646623f87ab25c2dc13db598665183.jpgImg3.thumb.jpg.5ef620bcef3b42cbb6744420fcc5e85e.jpg

Edited by WillCO
  • Like 1