State of charge sign

is there any little signs i can get where i could move the pointer to a state of charge, like 90% or 80% when i finish riding a wheel, and bagging it, so when i crank up the generator, i know which wheel could take some juice. 

like those little signs shop owners use, "be back in 15".

like @Marty Backecould use a bunch. i'm needing 9 now. pita to unbag, turn on, check charge, then look for another if it's full. plus if i'm planning on 20 miles, i don't want to take an 80% charged wheel.

• Haha 1

80% charge is a good charge level to aim for when in a hurry because you can charge at max amps to that level. 

Someone that needs to charge above 80% is going to piss off people waiting to charge. 

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

s there any little signs i can get where i could move the pointer to a state of charge, like 90% or 80% when i finish riding a wheel, and bagging it, so when i crank up the generator, i know which wheel could take some juice. 

Darknessbot premium and probably the other EUC apps keep the numbers over time, if you have the app connected while riding you can go back into it and see the last SOC logged.

edit: In DB: upper left corner, "offline mode" keeps a year of stats. Here is a 18XL I last used last summer (see top of screenshot), it was left at 58% SOC.

image.jpeg.727921335c4171d9121ddf01ce5eb9e7.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

Darknessbot premium and probably the other EUC apps keep the numbers over time, if you have the app connected while riding you can go back into it and see the last SOC logged.

haha, that would be great if i wasn't living off grid with no wifi and only depending on at&t horrible wireless service. i'm next to one of the biggest if not biggest super regional mega shopping center, haha, and sometimes, i can't even call out. uploading a video takes months.

soon hopefully, i'll be back on grid a little. i'm hiring an electrician to install a well point power pole. still won't have wifi, but won't have to run generators, and that would be wonderful.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

haha, that would be great if i wasn't living off grid with no wifi and only depending on at&t horrible wireless service. i'm next to one of the biggest if not biggest super regional mega shopping center, haha, and sometimes, i can't even call out. uploading a video takes months.

Yes being offline isn't so practical, maybe EUCW depends on network for storage.

Darknessbot is entirely local on your smartphone / offline though, just so it is said :) (even if you have not set it up for keeping logs it does so if it's the paid version).

Edited by Cam
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yes being offline isn't so practical, maybe EUCW depends on network for storage.

Darknessbot is entirely local on your smartphone / offline though, just so it is said :) (even if you have not set it up for keeping logs it does so if it's the paid version).

thanks, that does look nice. ten signs cost $25 delivered. no phone needed. just to know which wheel could take a few more electrons because my smallest generator can run two chargers. if i didn't have to bag my wheels because of outside storage and florida humidity, wouldn't be a problem to just turn the wheel on.

in reality, everything u own in florida sb marine grade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

i looked at the demo and it says it supports the lynx now, so i'm definitely gonna play with the free version and if it works good, i could spring for the premium.

• Like 1

This is actually a good idea. Maybe I'll 3D print some "Need to charge" buttons that I can attach to me wheels as needed so I won't get caught off guard.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

This is actually a good idea. Maybe I'll 3D print some "Need to charge" buttons that I can attach to me wheels as needed so I won't get caught off guard.

yeah, i like the clock face. for 92%, i put the big pointer on 9, and the little pointer on 2.

ten signs were $25 delivered. i figured u crafty guys could make something. i just used two sided tape and stuck them up. 

i hate running the generator to just charge one wheel. i might actually put in a well point pole now and have the grid back somewhat.

anytime the nights go below 60, i bag. and actually, i'll probably continue to bag because of the humidity in florida. so having a soc indicator was necessary.

• Like 2