KS s18 wont power on but light still works?

RoboFixIt

Today the s18 just turned off or something while I was riding and now if I press the power button the light turns on but wont power up. If I try to plug it in the light just turns on, has anyone seen this issue before?

My guess is maybe some cable has come out of place or it needs a new PCB?

Zero damages to the wheel and I'm ok too but getting annoyed all my wheels break all the time...

Edited by RoboFixIt

Update: It felt kinda like something slipped when I braked and then it turned off and did a few flips in the air.

I don't believe it was the motor but something may have come apart that's attached to the outside of the motor. Once I disassemble I'll get a better idea and update this again.

As the wheel lays on the ground is there resistance to spinning the wheel?

4 hours ago, Paradox said:

No only the light turns on, the wheel is not running on at all

You got that new hollow bore motor or simple old fashion axle? New or old S18?

If it's the old one, you may have broken the "dot" welds that hold motor in place. My wheel had that feeling of slipping, when i broke my welds.. (Each side of axle, there where one small dot weld holding it in place.)Β  EUC body was moving 0.5mm back and forwards while braking or accelerating. Also by moving the EUC body like forwards/back i could feel it moving. (While being powered on you would try to move front down or back down exchanging directions like riding - with force.)

Thankfully i still had that "key" groove in the axle, otherwise i would have teared all motor wires and been on ground.

Β 

Or maybe you simply braked to hard and wheel magnets started to slip? And overpowered the wheel same time?Β 

Edited by Funky

10 hours ago, Paradox said:

Β 

6 hours ago, RoboFixIt said:

No only the light turns on, the wheel is not running on at all

@ParadoxΒ asked if there is resistance turning the tire _by hand_ with the wheel _turned off_.

This would show fried mosfets...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Β 

@ParadoxΒ asked if there is resistance tirnong the tire _by hand_ with the wheel _turned off_.

This would show fried mosfets...

As said before by 2 people.

As wheel is on it's side powered off. Turn/spin the tire by hand - is there any resistance vs how it regularly would have turned/spinned? If yes - board be kaput.

Edited by Funky

On 2/20/2024 at 4:21 AM, Funky said:

As wheel is on it's side powered off. Turn/spin the tire by hand - is there any resistance vs how it regularly would have turned/spinned? If yes - board be kaput.

Β 

Seems fine.. At least no resistance. So board should be fine.

Gotta open that death trap.

Β 

FYI: Have you tried putting it into "travel" mode? This behavior - where wheel turns on(lights) and motor doesn't engage seems like travel mode to me.

Try turning it on/off? Heck knows what happened to it, while it was banging against ground. Maybe somehow that setting got turned on. :DΒ Worth trying out that setting, before opening the wheel..

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

FYI: Have you tried putting it into "travel" mode? This behavior - where wheel turns on(lights) and motor doesn't engage seems like travel mode to me.

I tried to plug it in and it wont connect to the app

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Gotta open that death trap.

I have too many other wheels I'm opening up right now so it maybe a while before I can get to it. With summer around the corner I will push a rush on it and update here soon! Thank you for your feedback on this!

• Like 1