Horn development for EUCs

Bob Yan

I'm going to be corrected by the moderators: what you suggest is interesting but if I write too much on this thread it's not the place and it's not the time. We could (not only us but all the members who will read your idea) argue in the headset forum or the video equipment forum. Replace the horn with a modern television, this exists on certain motorcycle helmets. 

Boom a moderator, boom my head. I take my helmet quick Marc. :efee96588e:

IMG_20240315_181307.jpg

Edited by varamontelo

Modifying a beeper that already existed on the market to also have a remote control is quite different and easier technical challenge than creating a rear view screen system for fit a pletoria of helmets.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

easier technical challenge than creating a rear view screen system for fit a pletoria of helmets.

It's Ok, I don't need it for a couple of weeks ;)

I realise of course it is a very ambitious thing, so suggesting as a long term goal / major project.

Why do u buy those useless toys?

What we really need is one that is as loud as car horn.

I frequently shout at cars who is making right turn when I am just about to cross the road they r turning into. ( and they cant hear it )

Bicycle horn simply doesnt work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dongsoo said:

Why do u buy those useless toys?

What we really need is one that is as loud as car horn.

I frequently shout at cars who is making right turn when I am just about to cross the road they r turning into. ( and they cant hear it )

Bicycle horn simply doesnt work.

I have had the same thing happen to me, but I don't think a car style horn will help.  If it sounds like a car horn, they will be expecting it to be coming from a car, not EUC/bike.

That could make the driver turn away from where a car might be.  And that could be right into us.

We need some kind of distinctive sound that can be loud enough to be heard inside a car, that drivers can recognize as an EUC/PEV/bike.  Not sure what that sound could be.

And it would need to be universal, so drivers could come to know that that particular sound will be coming from an EUC/PEV/bike.

This is why I use a hand bell when on mixed use paths.  All the pedestrians know that a bell sound indicates a bike about to pass them, and they don't stop and turn to look, they just move over or keep walking.  But others have a shrill horn, and often that makes people stop and turn to look.

Edited by Dan Cobar
gramer
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...