Serious question: Are we pushing our luck with these things?

1 hour ago, Mono said:

Right. These winter slides are probably a little more dangerous on bicycles, because we can't get entangled in a big frame, only stumble over the much smaller wheel.

Fun thing i did once, when i still rode my bicycle, i slid on ice and somehow i steeped over my handlebars leaving my wheel behind me and myself simply stepping on the ground and looking back on my fallen over wheel. It was like MATRIX! :D 

I mean i literally stepped over handlebars while wheel was falling and somehow didn't fall myself. I don't know how i did that.. I was like o.O okay..

1 hour ago, Mono said:

I'd suggest that ultimately your legs launched you forward. The wheel can't do any launching if you don't pushed back with your legs. That's how flexible knees, ankles, and hips are so important for safety. But then, if your belly does the job of saving you, that seems to work out too :)

Actually it was that moving force.. (What was it's English name. Forgot.. Inertia?) Wheel suddenly turning 90 degree (i mean it literally turned 90 degree..) and stopping in place.

The moving force sent me flying forwards. Because wheel stopped moving forwards. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Fun thing i did once, when i still rode my bicycle, i slid on ice and somehow i steeped over my handlebars leaving my wheel behind me and myself simply stepping on the ground and looking back on my fallen over wheel. It was like MATRIX! :D 

I mean i literally stepped over handlebars while wheel was falling and somehow didn't fall myself. I don't know how i did that.. I was like o.O okay..

That happened to me too once with the bicycle when my front wheel caught a Tram track. Unexplainably I just walked away and the bike was on the ground. Strange things happen sometimes.

Another funny one: I rode a full suspension 3K (i.e. expensive) bicycle at like 12-15km/h in a pedestrian area and hit one of those cable ducts that look like speed bumps and which I hadn't seen. This knocked the handle bar off my hand and boom I was down. The speed bump EUC experience I had even before I ever knew EUCs existed, with a full suspension bicycle :D

Edited by Mono
  • Haha 1