2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

5 hours ago, Skampster said:

I dont to know why people insist these smaller wheels to go faster. When I cruise around on mine I’m only going 35kmph. It’s built this way for a reason, they are not performance wheels, and were not promised to be so. If I want to go fast, I have two Leaperkims for that. 

I’ll just quote eWheels real quick….

“Significantly more power than any other 14″ Wheel in production today, with a maximum top speed of 31MPH/50kph, spring suspension, integrated handle(s), in a packaged footprint similar to the current A2. The objective is to provide a compact ‘sporty’ feeling Wheel that can go nearly anywhere, & do just about anything.”

Also,

“The objective of the Falcon was to bring a high-performance package in a compact & portable 14" chasis, being the first Wheel in this class with a fully functional (includes rebound) suspension system.” 

Sounds like a performance statement if I’ve ever heard one….lol

Edited by Standard4130

17 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

I’ll just quote eWheels real quick….

“Significantly more power than any other 14″ Wheel in production today, with a maximum top speed of 31MPH/50kph, spring suspension, integrated handle(s), in a packaged footprint similar to the current A2. The objective is to provide a compact ‘sporty’ feeling Wheel that can go nearly anywhere, & do just about anything.”

Also,

“The objective of the Falcon was to bring a high-performance package in a compact & portable 14" chasis, being the first Wheel in this class with a fully functional (includes rebound) suspension system.” 

Sounds like a performance statement if I’ve ever heard one….lol

This wheel doesn’t do 31 mph. It’s closer to 28 mph safe top speed. A whopping 3 mph faster than an A2. If it did 31 mph I’d be pretty happy with it.  

and yes, judge me all you want, but I want this wheel to do 35+ mph. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

This wheel doesn’t do 31 mph. It’s closer to 28 mph safe top speed. A whopping 3 mph faster than an A2. If it did 31 mph I’d be pretty happy with it.  

and yes, judge me all you want, but I want this wheel to do 35+ mph. 

I’ve had mine to 31mph fresh off the charger…. Short lived speed milestone….lol.

I would also like to see a consistent bump to 35mph, not 35mph for just one minute.

It’s that sweet spot in speed where you can hang with residential traffic with safety headroom…. At least for me locally. 👍🏼 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

I’ve had mine to 31mph fresh off the charger…. Short lived speed milestone….lol.

I would also like to see a consistent bump to 35mph, not 35mph for just one minute.

It’s that sweet spot in speed where you can hang with residential traffic with safety headroom…. At least for me locally. 👍🏼 

After @Ronin Ryder 31 mph cutoff, I respect the 80% power beeps, and for me they come around 28-29 mph. I’ve touched 32 mph but the app PWM was 92%. Was probably a bump away from cutout. Hence, I maintain 28 mph is the true safe max speed for this wheel. 

24 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

After @Ronin Ryder 31 mph cutoff, I respect the 80% power beeps, and for me they come around 28-29 mph. I’ve touched 32 mph but the app PWM was 92%. Was probably a bump away from cutout. Hence, I maintain 28 mph is the true safe max speed for this wheel. 

Oh my, Well…. I was close to eating it wasn’t I?

I totally agree with you BTW…. Normally mine will beep right at 29mph… 30mph if I’m real easy on it, like down hill, lol… But that speed milestone I was talking about was literally straight from unplugging to 31mph. Surprised me because I’ve never kissed 30 before without it beeping.

I will not be trying to match your 32mph…. It can pedal dip really quickly when the PWM is set at 85% and hitting that first beep with a lower battery state.

• Haha 1

If people wanna go fast on tiny wheels, have fun. 

ohh and of course it broke, it’s a begode after all. 

Edited by Skampster
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Skampster said:

I dont to know why people insist these smaller wheels to go faster. When I cruise around on mine I’m only going 35kmph. It’s built this way for a reason, they are not performance wheels, and were not promised to be so. If I want to go fast, I have two Leaperkims for that. 

And i'm going 30kph most of times. But when i go for a fun ride i go 45kph.

Simply because we know we can get 55kph in this form factor - it already has been done. Going slower and bigger/heavier isn't right direction.. This wheel should have been 20kg, not 25kg. At 25kg it should have had 60kph top speed, not 50kph.

Anyways after hearing about the "blown" suspension - i have yet again lost all interest in this wheel. I was already from the start against suspension - now i'm doubling down.

No suspension = No problems down the road!!! GIVE US SMALL WHEELS WITH BIG/STRONG AXLES!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Anyways after hearing about the "blown" suspension - i have yet again lost all interest in this wheel.

I’m going to contact eWheels and see what they say…. I’m not sure they even have a parts list for the Falcon yet.

I’m not giving up on the wheel because I like to tinker & fix/improve things but yeah…. I’m only 175miles in on this wheel & this was it’s first time on some fairly easy trails.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

I’m going to contact eWheels and see what they say…. I’m not sure they even have a parts list for the Falcon yet.

I’m not giving up on the wheel because I like to tinker & fix/improve things but yeah…. I’m only 175miles in on this wheel & this was it’s first time on some fairly easy trails.

Maybe simply bad shock from factory. Still, if it didn't have suspension, this would have not happened. :D It's just another part that can get broken down the road. I need my wheel to be like a workhorse - very strongly built and have less of parts that can get broken.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Buy a Lynx. 

I wish i didn't need to lift the damb thing.. Otherwise i would have already bought one of those 80lbs wheels.. (You don't know how many times i need to lift/carry my wheel over day. And i need it to be operated with one hand.)

Leaperkim - When we will get - 50lbs amazing small wheel that can do 55kph speeds. I got money burning in my wallet for 2 years already. Price doesn't really matter. :)

Edited by Funky

54 minutes ago, Funky said:

wish i didn't need to lift the damb thing.. Otherwise i would have already bought one of those 80lbs wheels.. (You don't know how many times i need to lift/carry my wheel over day. And i need it to be operated with one hand.)

In a future post, let's say in 2026, I suspect we will see you posting again the same lines, except instead of 80 lbs, if will be 120 lbs. 😀

It looks to me like there is quite a sizable market in the US for these heavy, high speed wheels.

However, I personally am not after these wheels since there are local officers who will stop riders riding in traffic on main roads. 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

In a future post, let's say in 2026, I suspect we will see you posting again the same lines, except instead of 80 lbs, if will be 120 lbs. 😀

It looks to me like there is quite a sizable market in the US for these heavy, high speed wheels.

However, I personally am not after these wheels since there are local officers who will stop riders riding in traffic on main roads. 

Wrong.. We already have 110lbs. It will be closer to 150lbs then.

Yup USA likes to ride on streets with cars.. I like to go 70mph on sidewalks with these 110lbs wheels. :) No risk of getting run over. Only problem are some of those rare pedestrians getting in the way. Luckily you can simply push them aside going 70mph.

I'll keep waiting till they start remaking bicycle level wheels.

Edited by Funky

5 hours ago, Funky said:

And i'm going 30kph most of times. But when i go for a fun ride i go 45kph.

Simply because we know we can get 55kph in this form factor - it already has been done. Going slower and bigger/heavier isn't right direction.. This wheel should have been 20kg, not 25kg. At 25kg it should have had 60kph top speed, not 50kph.

Anyways after hearing about the "blown" suspension - i have yet again lost all interest in this wheel. I was already from the start against suspension - now i'm doubling down.

No suspension = No problems down the road!!! GIVE US SMALL WHEELS WITH BIG/STRONG AXLES!!!

One wheel breaking doesn't mean it's bad... I wouldn't go back to non suspension wheels. Of course riding on the sidewalk u can feel safe without suspension, but pevs have nothing to do on the sidewalk with pedestrians. The Falcon is a great bike lane wheel. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

One wheel breaking doesn't mean it's bad... I wouldn't go back to non suspension wheels. Of course riding on the sidewalk u can feel safe without suspension, but pevs have nothing to do on the sidewalk with pedestrians. The Falcon is a great bike lane wheel. 

Yeah - i already said bad shock out of factory maybe.

You live in world where you have bike lanes and are allowed to ride on streets.

(Each country is different) Here we don't have bike lanes (Only in big city) and PEV's are banned on streets.. We are allowed to ride where pedestrians walk. Going 25kph speeds. (Same as those rent e-scooters.. That anyone can rent and ride.) Do i often go faster? Ofc i do, when no-one is around.. Luckily i live in small town and sidewalks are empty most of times. Even on my daily commute to work i see maybe 5 regular people.. < That alone says how free i am to go what ever speeds i want on these sidewalks. 

I regularly go 25-30kph, or even slower, as i don't gear up for my daily ~4km commute. (Only wrist guards) When i go for a fun ride i gear up. Which is rare nowadays.

As Chris said in your great video - Small compact lightweight wheel without suspension is what needed. For these short rides. But same time we want enough speed. And no Mten4/Mten5 Isn't that.

MSX, RS19 wheels with Falcons 900Wh battery, water resistance and still having 18x3" tire and solid/strong axle = Win. (No suspension)

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Leaperkim - When we will get - 50lbs amazing small wheel that can do 55kph speeds. I got money burning in my wallet for 2 years already. Price doesn't really matter. :)

Yes, Leaperkim needs to show who's the boss and implement lightweight fire proof battery tek.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, on one said:

Yes, Leaperkim needs to show who's the boss and implement lightweight fire proof battery tek.

I would be plenty happy with regular battery pack even.. Just add actual Smart BMS.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how Leaperkim can get the weight down to your requirements and their corporate vision of high performance and showing Begode who's boss without implementing graphene battery tek.

7 minutes ago, on one said:

I'm not sure how Leaperkim can get the weight down to your requirements and their corporate vision of high performance and showing Begode who's boss without implementing graphene battery tek.

Exchange Begode steel to their (Magnesium it was called?) And LK have won. Simple as that. :D 

They can take any of their own wheels - Sherman Max, Lynx, Sherman S/L, etc.. Simply size them down. Half or third battery pack and wheel size accordingly. Which would be 14x3.5" seems.. I would prefer 16x3" tire myself. Or even better 18".

Falcon is great, but it could be better as always. :) 

IMO, and I have no crystal ball, but I hesitate to guess that Leaperkim are not even remotely interested in the small wheel market. Out of all the EUC makers, Leaperkim have to cleanest and clearest vision as to where they are going with minimal fuss. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skampster said:

IMO, and I have no crystal ball, but I hesitate to guess that Leaperkim are not even remotely interested in the small wheel market. Out of all the EUC makers, Leaperkim have to cleanest and clearest vision as to where they are going with minimal fuss. 

Can't fault the company for wanting most profits and least headaches.. Same time they aren't meeting costumers demands. :D Begode is the only company who's trying at least. In lightweight category.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

In the long term sometimes companies write into their business plan that they will loose money at first to build their reputation, but Begode chose to try to make a profit the whole time. Aforementioned business plan puts EUC riders at risk.

20 minutes ago, on one said:

In the long term sometimes companies write into their business plan that they will loose money at first to build their reputation, but Begode chose to try to make a profit the whole time. Aforementioned business plan puts EUC riders at risk.

But, but, but, people kept on buying Gotway.

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

But, but, but, people kept on buying Gotway.

Yes, because they are cheaper, not better. Leaperkim imo will be the company that progresses the industry. 

Edited by Skampster