2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

1 hour ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Only time I ever got wobbles was while I was learning. It probably was just an issue of how he had his weight over an unfamiliar wheel that caused the wobbles. I don't think any company releases "wobbly" wheels

Yup, it’s usually new riders, especially new riders trying to go faster, or worse, trying to make an emergency braking maneuver 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theDirtyMagician said:

Hey Funky!

I just got my Falcon with a street tire yesterday and I'm pretty confident I know what people are talking about as I noticed this immediately at about 12-15mph.

Since the motor/tire is so big/heavy compared to the rest of the EUC, once the mass of the motor is spinning fast enought the wheel feels somewhat "stuck" upright due to the amount of spinning mass vs the rest of the wheel being small and light and will resist changing direction a little. It's essentially the GIF you posted of the spinning bicycle wheel from the Veritasium video demonstrating angular momentum.

I didn't notice any train tracking or any negative side effects of this, just a desire for the weel to stay upright and continue straight. It takes a tiny bit more input to turn the wheel at speed due to this, but I really like it so far and feel like it adds some stability.

The falcon is my 3rd EUC (V8S and V14), and I have never been so comfortable and had so much with an EUC right out of the box. The suspension is a dream, and my first ride felt like I already had 500 miles under my belt on the thing!

As someone who wanted a "lighter" wheel, and doesn't really go over 25mph, the Falcon is, so far, close to perfect for me.

Maybe "lighter" riders have that "gyro effect" more.. I'm personally 280lbs - when i turn - wheel will turn. :D Doesn't matter how heavy motor/tire is compared to rest of wheel.

Yeah Falcon would be perfect - if lift button where somewhere on top of wheel and it had centered carry handle. (One still can make aftermarket handle with built in lift button - which i will try to make, if i buy Falcon. Or simply weld "hoop" for hand middle of that orange trolley handle. I won't be sitting anyways..)

Edited by Funky

Anyone has done tire change yet?

Do you need to disassemble whole wheel - removing top plate that hold batteries, etc.. Or can you simply remove motor wire and slide motor out somehow?

Dissembling whole wheel isn't hard. Just don't like the idea of doing that just to change tire.. (Winter/Summer tire change..)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Oliver Gould said:

8 Days ago 2cells1pack said they would release a tire change video for the Falcon, so hopefully it's coming soon.

Yup saw/heard it. :D I just hope they tried all the ways one "could" do a tire change. Not just the "default" disassemble all wheel and do a tire change. Or even worse - motor has been already removed and they just do a tire change.

Waiting for grizzla pads to come in and the materials for my DIY fairing, but I somehow doubt the fairing is even needed; I added a 2 inch strip of velcro down the middle to cover the suspension assembly, and used some DIY 3D printed pads for the time being.

yes, the stock pads are THAT bad. 

IMG_5428.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Waiting for grizzla pads to come in and the materials for my DIY fairing, but I somehow doubt the fairing is even needed; I added a 2 inch strip of velcro down the middle to cover the suspension assembly, and used some DIY 3D printed pads for the time being.

yes, the stock pads are THAT bad. 

IMG_5428.jpeg

Ride without any pads.. How bad is that? (If one isn't doing any jumps.)

Can the pedals be folded completely up in closed position without pads in the way?

On 6/17/2024 at 3:32 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Half OT or not, this cannot be said loudly enough.    I hope you are ok, your finger movements reveals that you are a little shaken there 1 minute after the cut out..

Annotation 2024-06-21 200551.jpg

29.6 mph = 85 PWM. probably shouldn’t go faster than 30 on this wheel with a full battery. Maybe an extra 1 mph if you’re lighter than me (185 lb, was not wearing any protection on this ride) 

IMG_5434.png

• Sad 1

I’m noticing from the recent pictures/videos that they lowered the position of the front carry handle relative to the earlier prototypes. I guess the goal was to have it be the same height as the rear handle. Is there still sufficient clearance if you wanted to add some padding/wrap grip tape around the handle?

14 hours ago, the_deeb said:

I’m noticing from the recent pictures/videos that they lowered the position of the front carry handle relative to the earlier prototypes. I guess the goal was to have it be the same height as the rear handle. Is there still sufficient clearance if you wanted to add some padding/wrap grip tape around the handle?

I'd say padding would be too tight but grip tape certainly is possible.

Quick question.. Is it even possible to increase top speed, or torque true software upgrade down the road? Or is the hardware the limiting factor in Falcon case?

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Quick question.. Is it even possible to increase top speed, or torque true software upgrade down the road? Or is the hardware the limiting factor in Falcon case?

Jason quite literally said they are working on improving the headroom. Whether it’s true or not remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

Jason quite literally said they are working on improving the headroom. Whether it’s true or not remains to be seen. 

Yeah i saw that. I wanted to know if that's even possible.. :D We will see..

Edited by Funky

In soft mode, at times when braking it will feel like a small slip in gear like it will click and lock back in again.  Does anyone else experience this?

5 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

(First few minutes impression, it feels worlds better than the S16 Pro out of the box for me. I’ll run it through my usual routes this weekend)

If you don't mind, can you expand on the specifics as to what makes the Falcon superior to the S16 Pro? When you say routes, do you mean riding on streets in the city?

I have briefly ridden the S16 Pro, and I thought it rode really well. It's is responsive, nimble and easy to control. Plus it respond well when pushed in sharp turns at low speeds. The Falcon would be incredible if it rides better than the S16 Pro.

30 minutes ago, Funky said:

BRUH!!!  Thanks for the images. I got 18xl and planing to replace it with Falcon.

Can you tell me everything (I MEAN everything!!!) you think? How is Falcon compared to 18xl? Is it very squirrely/zippy coming from 18xl?

How fast are you going on Falcon compared to 18xl? I mean i wanna know every single thing you think about it. :D 

How easy is to access power button on Falcon? Or lift switch? On 18xl it was very easy.. Have you tried carrying it by front bar? Or with both hands? (one at back bar, one at front bar)

How's the overall ride compared to non suspension 18xl? Does the suspension actually makes that big difference? Going over small bumps 18xl vs Falcon? 

Sorry if i'm coming off strongly. I'm just very excited to hear direct comparison between 18xl & Falcon. :) 

May I add to that:

How easy is it to overpower from a standstill compared to the 18XL?

• Upvote 1