2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

I would like some new light weight small wheels with better performance and range (not many of those are being released lately). Others have their own preferences. Can't we all just be happy for others when they get the wheels they want and vice versa? 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, joeboots said:

Absolute nonsense that "you" can't ride an mten4 comfortably. I ride mine all over nyc, easily 10-15+ miles per day. Now that I have an A2 I tend to use that for longer distances and save my mten4 for around the neighborhood, but the mten4 is totally comfortable and considerably more fun

I got gravel roads and potholes. Also i'm probably 2x your weight, i probably should have mentioned that previously. So yeah Mten4 is out of question for me.

17 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

There are already hundreds of lightweight EUCs on the market, but it's time for manufacturers to focus on creating competitive, high-performance models. EUCs don't just compete with each other; they're up against mopeds, motorcycles, and even cars. If the price of an EUC is comparable to a car or motorcycle, it needs to deliver on performance. A vehicle that can't travel 60km without needing a lengthy recharge won't attract new customers.

Without innovation, EUC companies risk extinction. Developing faster, long-range, advanced EUCs is essential for drawing in new customers, including those who currently ride motorcycles and mopeds. Increased speed and larger batteries will drive technological advancements across the board, benefiting even smaller EUCs.

Think about the resources required to develop a product that can't compete with standard transportation options. If EUCs aren't fast and efficient, they won't stand a chance in the market. Emphasizing speed and performance is crucial for the future success of EUCs.

Hundreds? Are you sure? Manufacturers have been only creating competitive, high-performance models for past 3 or so years.. Old weaker wheels can travel 60km without problems even.. What innovation are you talking about? Adding more batteries and upping voltage go get more speed? Wow.. Such an innovation. :facepalm:

Not everyone want's a motorcycle level euc and ride on streets.. There are many people who don't need to go faster than 40km/h. Aka bicycle level. And there are countries where speed law is 25km/h by default. Also some places where EUC's are banned from riding on streets with cars.

Must be great to live without laws and ride 100mph where ever one wants.. Not hard to think only bigger and faster is better.. Now real innovation would be to make as powerful as possible, but same time small as possible wheel. To compete with all electric scooters and pev's like that.

Only reason i like Falcon - because it's small and powerful.. I wan't to see more wheels like that. Not another 35kg, 3600wh wheel..

Edited by Funky

36 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

There are already hundreds of lightweight EUCs on the market

There are hundreds of EUCs on the market..?

EDIT: I checked on EUCFinder and they list exactly 100 EUCs which include some models that have been out-of-production for years.  If you use the filters to show what is 'available' then 51 models are listed; that seems to include a few models that are still kicking around unsold in stores but are no longer being manufactured.

23 available models < 30 kg but only 3 with suspension (V11, V11Y, S18)

10 available models < 20 kg and none have suspension

https://finder.eucfinder.com/en

Edited by macgyvercanada
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

There are hundreds of EUCs on the market..?

EDIT: I checked on EUCFinder and they list exactly 100 EUCs which include some models that have been out-of-production for years.  If you use the filters to show what is 'available' then 51 models are listed; that seems to include a few models that are still kicking around unsold in stores but are no longer being manufactured.

23 available models < 30 kg but only 3 with suspension (V11, V11Y, S18)

10 available models < 20 kg and none have suspension

https://finder.eucfinder.com/en

I do wonder how many there are 30kg+ wheels. :D

Edited by Funky

There is already enough choice on the EUC market with efficient, reliable, waterproof, light, heavy, for wheeler profiles. We must offer machines to be mechanically upgraded using quality metal parts for axles, solid sealed bearings, medium but light battery life (V8) at reasonable prices. To sell to the majority and forget the few rare 'Alain Prost' who are not the turnover, who are not new riders but experienced, few start on a racing car, these crazy pilots can rarely order rocket wheels without waiting commercial production therefore few customers. Manufacturers looking for new customers in quantities cannot find thousands of camicaze drivers. The majority of a turnover is with the average people, the overpowered and heavy EUCs are always prototype tests often given to crazy testers, before being released to the market. The technical progress made in recent years is already considerable. If I were a manufacturer, I would remake the old wheels with improved supplies, materials, quality parts, new designs, while maintaining the performance recorded for around ten years. The competition to produce a faster machine will not be the condition for success nor the assurance of a manufacturer's survival. Today there are plastic materials that are thicker, harder and more resistant than the synthetic molds made twenty years ago for this machine which was a children's toy before becoming of interest to adults. Metal alloys are lighter today. Energy accumulators are smaller and lighter. The rest is negotiation for cheaper production before assembling and marketing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

There is already enough choice on the EUC market with efficient, reliable, waterproof, light, heavy, for wheeler profiles. We must offer machines to be mechanically upgraded using quality metal parts for axles, solid sealed bearings, medium but light battery life (V8) at reasonable prices. To sell to the majority and forget the few rare 'Alain Prost' who are not the turnover, who are not new riders but experienced, few start on a racing car, these crazy pilots can rarely order rocket wheels without waiting commercial production therefore few customers. Manufacturers looking for new customers in quantities cannot find thousands of camicaze drivers. The majority of a turnover is with the average people, the overpowered and heavy EUCs are always prototype tests often given to crazy testers, before being released to the market. The technical progress made in recent years is already considerable. If I were a manufacturer, I would remake the old wheels with improved supplies, materials, quality parts, new designs, while maintaining the performance recorded for around ten years. The competition to produce a faster machine will not be the condition for success nor the assurance of a manufacturer's survival. Today there are plastic materials that are thicker, harder and more resistant than the synthetic molds made twenty years ago for this machine which was a children's toy before becoming of interest to adults. Metal alloys are lighter today. Energy accumulators are smaller and lighter. The rest is negotiation for cheaper production before assembling and marketing.

That's what i want.. All older "lighter" wheels to be remade with modern design, same time upgraded. Using better materials and making them more robust, better axles and what not..

Any wheel made 5-10 years ago can be remade now and same time be much, much better. New battery cells.. New designs.. New performance in same weight. With 50S cells alone you could make any wheel that went ~30km/h speeds now easily go 40km/h speeds.

Imagine wheels like V5/V8 now being remade in 2024 year. They probably would be 100V wheels and have top speed of 40km/h.. Design alone would be awesome coming from egg form.

The idea that we need only faster and bigger wheels to success and manufacturer survival are right-out wrong..

V5/V8 with suspension and 2024 design/performance. I bet newcomers would buy something like that more than V14/13. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I think the first V5s have the original battery which is ending its life because the duration of the lithium is questionable for the first batches of more than six years. If the production of V5 today with a new design restarted with a new V8 design (no new V8F no new V8S) would give a higher sales total than the V14 therefore a higher turnover figure. But I don't know anyone at inmotion who is betting too much on a V18. The next few months will give us figures to compare.

44 minutes ago, Funky said:

That's what i want.. All older "lighter" wheels to be remade with modern design, same time upgraded. Using better materials and making them more robust, better axles and what not..

Any wheel made 5-10 years ago can be remade now and same time be much, much better. New battery cells.. New designs.. New performance in same weight. With 50S cells alone you could make any wheel that went ~30km/h speeds now easily go 40km/h speeds.

Imagine wheels like V5/V8 now being remade in 2024 year. They probably would be 100V wheels and have top speed of 40km/h.. Design alone would be awesome coming from egg form.

The idea that we need only faster and bigger wheels to success and manufacturer survival are right-out wrong..

V5/V8 with suspension and 2024 design/performance. I bet newcomers would buy something like that more than V14/13. :thumbup:

Imagine a RS19 HS, 100V, waterproof, no stupid speakers, little thicker shell with more space for 2400 Wh batt, better wirings inside,  and tada:  in my eyes a winner! :)

• Like 1

It's more profitable to make one 4000$ euc, than 2-3 1500$ wheels..

Because man hours to make one more expensive wheel versus three cheaper ones.. You know the rest..

3 minutes ago, Robse said:

Imagine a RS19 HS, 100V, waterproof, no stupid speakers, little thicker shell with more space for 2400 Wh batt, better wirings inside,  and tada:  in my eyes a winner! :)

I would be happy with 1000Wh :D It would even be 23-25kg - great.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Just now, Funky said:

It's more profitable to make one 4000$ euc than 2-3 1500$ wheels..

Because man hours to make one more expensive wheel versus three cheaper ones.. You know the rest..

And only one to go kaboom instead of three ;-)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Robse said:

And only one to go kaboom instead of three ;-)

Good thing this is Inmotion post - they don't go kaboom. They just may throw you off wheel sometimes. :D 

Still, if they could make something like RS19 and same time light enough (50S cells, smaller battery packs) - that would be a winner in my book. Still have big and comfortable tire size and perfect for quick small trips around neighborhood / last mileage commuting, also have quite good top speed. Also by going with 18" tire size - they would have larger area for flatter battery packs and perfect flat sides for pads.. Overall it would more "slick" design. Less of a wide boy.

No dumb screens, speakers, RGB light strips.. All wheel - NO nonsense. Also overall cost would be cheaper because of that.. :thumbup:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2

Just now, UniVehje said:

Let’s get back to the topic. Enough of Funky’s problems on this thread. There are already several threads on that. This is about Inmotion’s upcoming wheels.

V13Pro  =  Big stompy wheel gets bigger and stompier
V12Pro  =  Contender for today's best non-suspension wheel
E20S =  The uber-beginner wheel
V18  =  The Lynx-hunter?
E25  = ???
P6  =  ???

6 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

V13Pro  =  Big stompy wheel gets bigger and stompier
V12Pro  =  Contender for today's best non-suspension wheel
E20S =  The uber-beginner wheel
V18  =  The Lynx-hunter?
E25  = ???
P6  =  ???

E25 - 3 wheeled euc. Can we call devices that have more than one wheel a euc anymore? That's the more interesting question.. (Same design as E20, but with one wheel and more powerful.)

P6 - contender for KS basketball. Aka another joke wheel. (Maybe Mten4 contender..)

Edited by Funky

E25 gonna be a pseudo-EUC with two wheels similar to the E20. 

I'm not 100% sure about P6, but it can be something like Kiwano K01 or something else, not like an actual EUC.
Kiwano K01 electric unicycle cheaper alternatives - EvNerds

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

I'm not 100% sure about P6, but it can be something like Kiwano K01 or something else, not like an actual EUC.

I wonder how fast something like that can actually go..? 10mph? Also safely.

Looks like we won't be getting any lightweight models from Inmotion anytime soon. Big shockers.. :efeee20b79:

2 minutes ago, Funky said:

Looks like we won't be getting any lightweight models from Inmotion anytime soon. Big shockers.. :efeee20b79:

Inmotion added "2 battery mode" for the V14. It drastically decreases overall weight. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

Ooo tell me more!

The updated software allows removing battery packs, so instead of four packs, you can safely ride with two battery packs. 

image.png.6539e67807c691b1a0c70ddbc1119022.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Instant teeth remover or automatic airdrill :roflmao:

18 minutes ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

Inmotion added "2 battery mode" for the V14. It drastically decreases overall weight. 

So how heavy is it now? 40lbs?

You said drastically.. Or did you mean "little" weight savings?

Edited by Funky

2 minutes ago, Robse said:

Instant teeth remover or automatic airdrill :roflmao:

Like i have been saying past year or so - they make amazing heavy wheels or Funky Junky toys.. :D 

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

So how heavy is it now? 40lbs?

You said drastically.. Or did you mean "little" weight savings?

Since batteries are the heaviest parts of EUC, removing half of them will significantly decrease the weight.