Monitoring charge on Begode / EB wheels?

null

I have always monitored charge of my EUCs by connecting darknesbot (probably same for EUCW) and getting a graphic of the progression of the voltage. This way I can see where we're at, and that the voltage lands properly in the CV phase (I have had a lot of chargers and like to know that behave properly). This have been true for all my EUCs up til now with Begode / EB.

I'm surprised that in this day and age BG/EB EUCs aren't in standby when charging. I have to lean the EUC on the side and power it on in order to connect to it, which is a hassle. On top of this after 2 hours it will start beeping (first time I got scared). I suppose this is a time out alarm before shutting off.

The voltage report is also really big grained compared to the other brands, with only 0,1v precision. Not a big deal but feels clunky.

Is there a way to connected to the EUC while charging without so much hassle?

Edited by null

6 minutes ago, null said:

I'm surprised that in this day and age BG/EB EUCs aren't in standby when charging. I have to lean the EUC on the side and power it on in order to connect to it, which is a hassle. On top of this after 2 hours it will start beeping (first time I got scared). I suppose this is a time out alarm before shutting off.

If you move the wheel slightly during the timeout period in begins a new time out period.  You can change this value using this link. I am not sure on the maximum value it will save.  

Connect via bluetooth. 

https://bill-kolokithas.github.io/euc-dash/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paradox said:

If you move the wheel slightly during the timeout period in begins a new time out period.  You can change this value using this link. I am not sure on the maximum value it will save.  

Connect via bluetooth. 

https://bill-kolokithas.github.io/euc-dash/

Yes I could move he EUC but its not practical, nor is having to lay it down when it usually is on a stand.. I also have to watch out for the charging rate because the EUC cuts the charge if the amperage is high toward the end (or it is the charger that fails, I need some monitoring to know what is what). Anyhow; I am unimpressed by having to many things to hassle with when all I'm looking for is charging a wheel while having an eye on it.

Thank for the link. Nice to have some options that might not be in the Begode app. I will look closer at it.

Edited by null

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 3:52 AM, alcatraz said:

Get a charger with a voltage display perhaps. 

Or do what I do. Just turn it on while charging, check voltage in app, then turn off. 

I have a charger with voltage display, but I'm not going to sit beside it plotting a graph for the entire charge. For years I have had a nice graph of all my charges, allowing to see how the different chargers and wheels behave. This is the function I'm looking for.

I have tried leaving the EUC on: For the first its a hassle because you have to lift it off its stand (or it will spin up), lay it down somewhere, then remember to move it before the 2h timeout kicks in. Then take it back on its stand.

With any other EUC brand BT connection is available wherever charging, and I would have hoped this was possible for BG/EB EUCs too, but apparently no.

Edited by null