LeaperKim Lynx vs. Inmotion Adventure

YCC

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

People looking at the V14 would probably be interested in looking at the Patton.

You mentioned a good point, however, I would choose the V14 rather than Patton if I compared the spec of them. 

IMG_0050.thumb.png.5da664f9b263d820b2160eb28da49fa6.png

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It should be noted that these are different tire sizes and therefore they will will ride differently.

The Adventure has a smaller tire diameter, like the Extreme/V12/T4/S16 etc.

The Lynx is one size bigger, like the Sherman-S/V11/S19/S22/EX30 etc.

What is the king EUC of each category if the question is pertaining to the wheel sizes?

16” wheel: V14 

18” wheel: 

20” wheel: EX30/Lynx

22” wheel: V13

there really isnt enuf reviews on V14, Lynx, extreme, well any new wheels for 2023.  you may have to wait till the beginning of 2024 riding season.  from a prospective buyer of 2023,  all bets are off IMO although the Lynx does look the most promising of all 2023 offerings ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

King of STREET

16” wheel(3.0-12): V14

18” wheel: 

20” wheel(2.75-14): Ex30

22” wheel(3.0-16): V13

King of OFF-ROAD

16” wheel(3.0-12): Patton

18” wheel: 

20” wheel(2.75-14): Lynx

22” wheel(3.0-16): Master Pro

That makes senses. 

Edited by YCC

In sum, I should compare the Lynx with Ex30, and compare V14 with Patton. What are your thoughts?

It is hard to tell the positioning of the wheel since all of the wheel as follow have suspension, however, I agree the opinion of distinguishing the positioning of street and off-road.

How to tell the positioning of a wheel is STREET or OFF-Road? 

King of STREET

16” wheel(3.0-12): 

18” wheel(3.0-12): V11Y

20” wheel(2.75-14): Ex30

22” wheel(3.0-16): V13

King of OFF-ROAD

16” wheel(3.0-12): V14

18” wheel(3.0-12):

20” wheel(2.75-14): Lynx

22” wheel(3.0-16): Master Pro

Edited by YCC

Based on initial youtuber impressions it seems you would want V14 competing for 16" off-road instead of street, given the stiffer out-of-the-box suspension, and perhaps the IPX ratings. For 18" street you might be looking at the V11Y. I think price would be a key factor to consider, especially when comparing the V14 vs. Lynx which are $1000 USD apart.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mtl said:

Based on initial youtuber impressions it seems you would want V14 competing for 16" off-road instead of street, given the stiffer out-of-the-box suspension, and perhaps the IPX ratings. For 18" street you might be looking at the V11Y. I think price would be a key factor to consider, especially when comparing the V14 vs. Lynx which are $1000 USD apart.

Do you agree the V14 is the 16” king of Off-road or the Patton is? 

I think it will be personal preference. Its really hard to label any of these wheels King of anything. 

Even with the specs I feel like all of the wheels can perform fairly well in their given ranges. 

It really will come down to which wheel you like the look of, ride feel of, after support, price, etc. 

I honestly hated the whole ranking of wheel video that electric dreams put out. I like hearing all of the info and opinions on the wheels in that video. Especially getting it all in one place in one video. That part was awesome, but the ranking part to me is just matter of very very subjective opinions. Even when it comes from someone like Jack who is super informed and gets to ride almost every wheel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

I am TORN between the V14 and Lynx. I love to go fast and the bigger tire is better for a bigger guy, but my main riding would be greenways and dirt bike trails. The V14 has the torque and looks awesome, but the lynx just looks solid. Im 6'3 280lb so its tough. Any suggestions?

Both wheels are great on street and for trail. 
They both have good speed and great torque.

V14 is a little more twitchy but that equals fun and a good workout. V14 is super easy to adjust suspension on the fly with the knobs so accessible and they work. Inmotions app and settings are a little more user friendly. waterproofing/weather is a little more durable. V14 comes with good pads in the box.
I’m using my v14 for rain, trails, shops and gos great fun in the street.

Lynx is great! one of the best fun wheels I’ve been on for fast sprints. It all feels quality, the ride, the finish of the wheel and the look are super! The Lynx has a greater range, the larger tyre does make for a comfier ride. also just the size for a bigger rider gives you more to grab onto and doesn’t feel as compact as V14 to get pads on etc. The Lynx has touch screen so you can adjust settings without needing a phone near by, but the menus are a little tricky to navigate (fine once you learn the language)

Suspension on both is great for road or offroad. Both would do what you want no problems but maybe some of the above may help. I would be so happy to have either of these wheels. 

For a larger rider I’d maybe consider the Lynx more but you really need to try to ride them both. 
Good luck. 

• Like 2

Lol once again back to they're both great! As much as Id love the lynx, its a thousand dollars more, so ill probably stick with the V14. With 4k im nearing used car prices and i cant stomach that lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Christian90s said:

Lol once again back to they're both great! As much as Id love the lynx, its a thousand dollars more, so I’ll probably stick with the V14. With 4k im nearing used car prices and i cant stomach that lol

Good answer! Forgot about price. 
That often trumps everything.

Any wheel is a great wheel whatever can be afforded I think. 

I love my V14 super fun wheel and it’s doing everything I need with no trouble 

• Like 1

Maaan, I am in the same boat as you, sort of. Im between V14 and V11Y. 

My key points:

V11Y: 
Enough power (would be nice with a 3k motor), would be nice with a sliiightly higher top speed to safely cruise at 55-60. 'Electric Dream' had a review and he 'struggled' to go past 55 kmh (wheel says top speed 60). And the beeps were really low, he couldnt hear them with his Proframe helmet on.
Only 84V
Enough battery
'Low' weight
Love the carry handle with the built in killswitch to easily jump off and instantly grab to lift up stairs etc
Low price (!)
Easy suspension for city commuting
Good water rating
18'' wheel should make the wheel tad more stable than a 16'' 
Far too many steps/screws for maintenance (tyre change etc) in my humble opinion

V14:
More than enough power and high voltage
Good battery
Bit heavy for what Id want
Excellent water rating (very important for me)
Super expensive (!)
Includes power pads
Excellent to work on, very easy disassembly for a tyre change, battery swap etc (good job InMotion!)

I keep going back and forth, and its quite annoying, haha^^  Im waiting for some nice reviews of the V11Y, and hopefully it can help me make the decision. 
Currently Im aiming for V14 (Black 50S cells).
Been eyeing Veteran Patton too, which I think looks the most sexy, hehe, but as far as I know theres no official water rating, is there?

Man, this turned into a long post, sorry..

@Forwardnbak Ive seen you ride in heavy rain on your old V11 and now recently on your V14 (thanks for all the uploads btw mate, love the content!), what are your thoughts on water ratings? I do have some trust issues from EUC companies when it comes to water. 
Ive ridden my 16X in rain, but ive used a backpack rain cover over it (ofc water will spray up into the wheel bore), and havnt had any issues, so far.
I think I might be paranoid enough to use the same cover on the V14, even if it does have a really good IP rating. Like, if I can 100% eliminate water running down the trolley handle, and the screw holes for the motherboard covers, why not, right? 

Okey, I´ll end it here^^

@YCC, Good luck with your wheel-decision ;)

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 6:18 PM, bpong said:

there really isnt enuf reviews on V14, Lynx, extreme, well any new wheels for 2023.  you may have to wait till the beginning of 2024 riding season.  from a prospective buyer of 2023,  all bets are off IMO although the Lynx does look the most promising of all 2023 offerings ...

as of april, 2024, waiting on the delivery of a lynx....for my money, at that price level, the lynx is the logical outcome for me and my use, which is commuting.  and btw, to compare the V14 with the lynx IMO is a bad comparison.  a previous posting suggesting the patton versus the V14, which is more appropriate considering both are designed primarily for offroading... i dont see the logical reasoning between V14 versus lynx, especially given the tire sizing is different between the eucs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpong said:

as of april, 2024, waiting on the delivery of a lynx...

Congrats!

It will be a big grade from your T2. Very capable and premium wheel. You can really go places now.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:28 AM, JohnnyWheels said:

Maaan, I am in the same boat as you…

Perhaps towing an inflatable boat along isn’t a bad idea with these weather ratings :) 

@Forwardnbak Ive seen you ride in heavy rain on your old V11 and now recently on your V14 (thanks for all the uploads btw mate, love the content!), what are your thoughts on water ratings? I do have some trust issues from EUC companies when it comes to water. 
Ive ridden my 16X in rain, but ive used a backpack rain cover over it (ofc water will spray up into the wheel bore), and havnt had any issues, so far.
I think I might be paranoid enough to use the same cover on the V14, even if it does have a really good IP rating. Like, if I can 100% eliminate water running down the trolley handle, and the screw holes for the motherboard covers, why not, right? 

Thanks for the great mention :) I always worry a little taking anything electric into rain, it still feels wrong to me. 
I understand completely with the trust on ratings. I had too much trust v11 days I guess and expected so much of it coming in blind into the industry. 

I gave it a heap! So much full on rain. After the bearings initially failed the team at ERIDERZ sorted it and popped the covers in. From then flawless in the wet.

V13 also I’ve given a bit and I was worried about the touch screen when I had ghost touches but that was only after you touch it once in the wet. Don’t touch it and it seems ok.

V14 I have my trust in and so far so good!

I have to say it has had no issues and I’ve rolled at least 5 times now I’m good rain. Keeping an eye on it, but maybe this is the one? 

• Like 1