Inmotion electronics are unreliable

embededfabrication

sorry, they're not reliable, i've been looking around and see a lot of stories about failed circuit boards.

my 5 month old V11 main board crapped out after 5 months when I changed a tire, the app said bad motor but a test showed the motor is fine. 

what are we supposed to do? change out expensive components in the hopes of finding the problem?

if they have faulty components why don't they test them and replace if they fail? how are all these failed circuit boards the problem of the end user riders?

they won't even tell us what components are failing so we could fix the boards ourselves, it's ridiculous

beware

Edited by embededfabrication
addition

On 10/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, embededfabrication said:

my 5 month old V11 main board crapped out after 5 months when I changed a tire

great, now I am dreading the imminent tire change of my V11 even more.

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

great, now I am dreading the imminent tire change of my V11 even more.

I have changed mine about 5 times with no issue. If you take your time and make sure you de-energize the board after unplugging the batteries you should have no problem.  I usually change the tire 2 times a year.

My new EUC philosophy is that they are so experimental that when we make a purchase decision we are also making a shell decision. I got this philosophy from @dycus, pronunciation please, lol, when he modified his wheel. At least you have a shell with good suspension! My shell doesn't even have suspension yet. Seriously though, you don't have to continue with inmotion parts anymore if you don't want to.

Edited by earthtwin
one more thing

I live for the day when EUC manufacturers create modular designs that allow for easy tire / battery replacement. Changing your tire should be a simple and basic operation, not something that involves tearing the entire device apart and rebuilding it from scratch. I'm very encouraged by the V14 that maybe they are starting to clue in.

• Upvote 2

It is true that Inmotion has an exceptionally high failure rate and problems with their controllers, their solution is to replace the whole controller, if you still have warranty they should send you a new one.

On 10/17/2023 at 4:44 PM, OldFartRides said:

To be fair, the title should read “ Many EUC electronics are unreliable” .

All manufacturers have issues. Know this going in, gear up, and ride “ready to drop” at all times.

Inmotion controllers stand out as a sore thumb, V12HS and HT are prime examples of this, HS controllers should be in a good state by now but HT controllers are still known to dump the rider backward on the ass without explanation.

• Upvote 1